vintage chris craft

Want to post some random pics of non Lake Cumberland or even Kentucky events or scenery? Here is a spot to do it!

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

RELAX
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina where the water is clear and the people real friendly!

vintage chris craft

Post by RELAX »

I have been helping a friend in Versailles work on his old wooden boats and had my camera with me the other day. I would like to post some pictures but my files are too big and I dont know how to resize them. :D :-\

Can you guys help me out over here? :-*
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: vintage chris craft

Post by E_ »

Well if they are too big for LC.com you have to go clear down to 350x350 and keep your file size down. FOr here a 1MP pic should be allowed (can't remember what my limits are at the moment)

Anyway a real easy way would be to go to http://photobucket.com/ and get a free account.

Then upload your normal pics in a folder to have a copy that are not as small. Then if you need them smaller for other websites upload more but set the upload settings to the medium setting.

If you have windows XP get the image resizer tool for free. Then select your photos and right click on the selected photos and set what size you want them to (I am guessing you want to make sure it is set to make copies instead of resizing the main copies).
Here is the installer for the resizer. - http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... ySetup.exe
Attachments
Photobucket.JPG
Photobucket.JPG (169.39 KiB) Viewed 3291 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
RELAX
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina where the water is clear and the people real friendly!

Post by RELAX »

1931 17' runabout. Has a flathead inline six cylinder. 165 HP Only 6 others like anywhere! It is ALL origional, one family owners.

This is after we removed the engine, some loose boards and all other gear and gave her a good pressure wash.

The white wood is some X bracing we installed so the boat would retain its shape as we are about to turn in upside down and place it in a cradle we built, to start work below the water line.
DSC02302_edited-1.jpg
DSC02302_edited-1.jpg (382.4 KiB) Viewed 3274 times
Attachments
DSC02299-1.jpg
DSC02299-1.jpg (384.04 KiB) Viewed 3275 times
RELAX
Better Member

Post by RELAX »

Here is one that he had worked on by a shop in Connectuicut. 100% origional. Only one other like it anywhere. He wont say what it is worth but I would think it would take a pretty penny to get it. :D
Attachments
chriscraft1.jpg
chriscraft1.jpg (366.16 KiB) Viewed 3273 times
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

NIIIIICE!!!! I can't believe how good that wood looks on the inside.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
RELAX
Better Member

Post by RELAX »

Well after we flipper her over and started to remove the bottom planking you could see just how bad in need of repairs she is. But considering 78 year old Hoduras mohogany not to bad eh?

Return to “Random Pics of whatever”