The year is 1907, over 100 years ago...

Want to post some random pics of non Lake Cumberland or even Kentucky events or scenery? Here is a spot to do it!

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

The year is 1907, over 100 years ago...

Post by E_ »

1907 PHOTO

The year is 1907, over 100 years ago.

READ PRINT UNDER PICTURE!
1907.jpg
1907.jpg (36.01 KiB) Viewed 3223 times

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Every American citizen needs to read this!
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: The year is 1907, over 100 years ago...

Post by katie »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: Our government has gotten so far out of the true meaning of Americanism it is pathetic. I think they are starting to feel the heat a little tho, watch too many "round table" shows and the politicians do reference the "american public" now as "we the people" and how pi$$ed off "the people" are.... I think that by 2012, it will be a little different picture, my fingers are crossed.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

Post by MissSwitzerland »

Katie, do you think in 2012 there will be "change"??? :))
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
JLA

Post by JLA »

It has been 3 years since this was posted (I was bored, what can I say). Now is the time for change at all levels of government. November is just around the corner.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
DMS

Post by DMS »

"Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all..."
The reason hyphens PI$$ me off...either you are or you aint, at least put the AMERICAN part first!!!
Thanks JLA!

Return to “Random Pics of whatever”