Noah's Ark Rebuilt To Scale

Want to post some random pics of non Lake Cumberland or even Kentucky events or scenery? Here is a spot to do it!

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Noah's Ark Rebuilt To Scale

Post by E_ »

Working Replica of Noah's Ark Opened In SCHAGEN, Netherlands .............................

Man Builds Noah's Ark to the exact scale given in the Bible
Ark1.jpg
Ark1.jpg (25.96 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
The massive central door in the side of Noah's Ark was opened the first crowd of curious townsfolk to behold the wonder. This replica of the biblical Ark was built by Dutch Creationist Johan Huibers as a testament to his faith in the literal truth of the Bible.
Ark 2.jpg
Ark 2.jpg (41.2 KiB) Viewed 3035 times

The ark is 150 cubits long, 30 cubits high and 20 cubits wide. That's two-thirds the length of a football field and as high as a three-story house.
Ark 3.jpg
Ark 3.jpg (53.62 KiB) Viewed 3035 times

Life-sized models of giraffes, elephants, lions, crocodiles, zebras, bison and other animals greet visitors as they arrive in the main hold.
Ark 4.jpg
Ark 4.jpg (46.54 KiB) Viewed 3035 times

A contractor by trade, Huibers built the ark of cedar and pine. Biblical Scholars debate exactly what the wood used by Noah would have been.
ark 5.jpg
ark 5.jpg (39.9 KiB) Viewed 3035 times

Huibers did the work mostly with his own hands, using modern tools and with occasional help from his son Roy. Construction began in May 2005. On the uncovered top deck - not quite ready in time for the opening - will come a petting zoo, with baby lambs and chickens, and goats, and one camel.
Ark 6.jpg
Ark 6.jpg (37.86 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
Visitors on the first day were stunned. 'It's past comprehension', said Mary Louise Starosciak, who happened to be bicycling by with her husband while on vacation when they saw the ark looming over the local landscape.
ark 7.jpg
ark 7.jpg (34.06 KiB) Viewed 3035 times

'I knew the story of Noah, but I had no idea the boat would have been so big ' There is enough space near the keel for a 50-seat film theater where kids can watch a video that tells the story of Noah and his ark. Huibers, a Christian man, said he hopes the project will renew interest in Christianity in the Netherlands, where church going has fallen dramatically in the past 50 years.
ark 8.jpg
ark 8.jpg (47.23 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
Now that I am old and gray...give me the time to tell this new generation (and their children too) about all your mighty miracles.
[Psalm 71:18]
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: Noah's Ark Rebuilt To Scale

Post by Lock5 »

Sometimes the good in people is overwelming.

(this after I've had to log in four times already to respond, I am copy and pasting so I don't have to retype)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

=)) =)) =))
DMS

Post by DMS »

What the he77 was Noah thinking when he took those d@mn deer ticks and turkey mites on board?

Return to “Random Pics of whatever”