It's the World's Smallest Political Quiz

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

So what were you?

Right
29%
Left
No votes
Centrist
43%
Libertarian
29%
Statist
No votes

Total votes: 7

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

It's the World's Smallest Political Quiz

Post by E_ »

Got this from RE3 and thought I would share...

I just took an online political quiz that you should try. It only takes a few moments, but it will help you look at politics in a whole new way.

It's the World's Smallest Political Quiz at: http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html.

You'll be asked just 10 questions, and then it instantly tells you where you stand politically. It shows your position as a red dot on a "political map," so you'll see exactly where you score.

The most interesting thing about the Quiz is that it goes beyond the traditional Left (Liberal) and Right (Conservative) to include Libertarian, Centrist, and Statist.

The Quiz has gotten a lot of praise. The Washington Post said it has "gained respect as a valid measure of a person's political leanings." The Fraser Institute said it's "a fast, fun, and accurate assessment of a person's overall political views." Suite University said it is the "most concise and accurate political quiz out there."
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

I may be a Centrist but it looks like I lean Libertarian

Post by E_ »

Here is mine...

The RED DOT on the Chart shows where you fit on the political map.

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 60%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 60%.

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...

CENTRISTS espouse a "middle ground" regarding government control of the economy and personal behavior. Depending on the issue, they sometimes favor government intervention and sometimes support individual freedom of choice.

Centrists pride themselves on keeping an open mind,

tend to oppose "political extremes," and emphasize what

they describe as "practical" solutions to problems.
Attachments
draw.png
draw.png (25.69 KiB) Viewed 1338 times
shocka43
Better Member

Re: It's the World's Smallest Political Quiz

Post by shocka43 »

Imagine that...Right leaning Libertarian....
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:D ;)

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 50%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 90%.

CONSERVATIVES tend to favor economic freedom, but frequently

support laws to restrict personal behavior that violates "traditional

values." They oppose excessive government control of business,

while endorsing government action to defend morality and the

traditional family structure. Conservatives usually support a strong

military, oppose bureaucracy and high taxes, favor a free-market

economy, and endorse strong law enforcement.

Pretty cool and pretty danged accurate too...... thanks E, :ymapplause:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 30%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%.

CONSERVATIVES tend to favor economic freedom, but frequently

support laws to restrict personal behavior that violates "traditional
values." They oppose excessive government control of business,

while endorsing government action to defend morality and the

traditional family structure. Conservatives usually support a strong

military, oppose bureaucracy and high taxes, favor a free-market

economy, and endorse strong law enforcement.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

I fergits my exact scores BUT I'm also a Centrist but not as Libertarian as E! Sheesh! Maybe he really is my son! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! :-o :-o
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
onechick
Contributor

Post by onechick »

Well...Guess I am a libertarian. Hmmm...The simple truth is I truly believe we are not as stupid as government thinks we are. I always thought I was a liberal...Until I grew up and understood. People need to get a freaking grip. Government is not going to save you from poverty, sickness and death. We are responsible for our own destiny. At some point the conservative U.S. population needs to accept it is not the place of government to decide what defines a family or how to spend the money WE worked for! B-) Everyone says it is a free country, people spout all kinds of rhetoric. Soldiers leave the comfort of their homes to fight for our way of life...? Really? Freedom? Is there such a thing?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

There once was... :(

Where is KY Canuck? I want to see his test scores!
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Libretarian all the way..........
Attachments
draw.png
draw.png (25.69 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

You know, they should let you post the actual quiz to see what kind of answers put you into a "category". Even tho mine put me in Right/Conservatives, it was actually borderline right/libertarian. Let the following show...

1. I do think maybe the gov't should have some censorship. With all of the crazies in our own country, not to mention the world, we could see a whole lot
moretrouble than we ever wished for. Seriously, don't you get enough info as it is now????
2. There should be no draft for armed services. (we should mind our own frikin business - let the other countries take care of themselves, keep America safe)
3. I agree there should be no laws on sex with consenting adults (if you screw up, expect to pay the price, STD's, divorce, murder, whatever... goTiger)
4. There should be laws on drugs period. Geez, it's the adults selling it to kids now. Or, make them legal, tax them and every tom,dick and harry will be
selling, then the usa will be totally "focked up".
5. I believe there should be a national ID card. If you can't get one, your a$$ is on a plane today, means you don't belong here.
6. NO CORPORATE WELFARE - if your business can't make it, you are done.
7. No barriers for int'l trade. Christ, look what they are letting in now.... lead in toys, poison in pet food, CHINA, all because we owe them a boat load of
money. Your a$$/company would be shut down if you were doing that here! Hypocracy at it's most obvious, makes me ill.
8. People should be in charge of their own retirement. Unfortunately, social security has not been a "retirement" fund for at least 40 yrs. If you are too fat
toget your a$$ off the couch to work, here, let americans buy that next pack of cookies....
9. STOP WELFARE. Now hold on, I know there are many that need it, their families and villages should be helping and putting them on the right
track. Feed the children. Make this totally a charity issue.
10. Cut gov't. spending (no brainer, hello).

It would be interesting to see the opinions of others, why they voted as they did...
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Government should not censor speech, press, media or Internet. :-? Absolutely not, free people speak freely, we can sort out the idiots on our own.

Military service should be voluntary. There should be no draft. :-? I believe we are in to many places protecting the wrong things, let the diaper heads fight over their oil. It won't take long till they get hungry.

There should be no laws regarding sex for consenting adults. :-? Nope, if Bobby wants to boink Billy than so be it, who am I to care. Just don't ask to be married because that is a religous view. A civil union should give Bobby and Billy the same rights as married folks.

Repeal laws prohibiting adult possession and use of drugs. :-? If you can function in life and smoke a little weed, blow a little then great. Most people can't so it needs to remain illegal, possesion of amount considered as personal use, no problem here.

There should be no National ID card. :-? Not issued by our government, if the airlines want you to go through some kind of screenings and then issue a card, hey it's their plane.

Economic Issues

End "corporate welfare." No government handouts to business. :-? Absolutely nobody is to big to fail, smarter companies will evolve.

End government barriers to international free trade. :-? Free trade is just that, Free. We do need to have some regulations in place for safety.

Let people control their own retirement; privatize Social Security. :-? We can't do any worse with it than the government can we? If we choose to participate in a social security program, then the money should be FDIC guarenteed.

Replace government welfare with private charity. :-? Some people no matter how hard they try need a helping hand, a county with the resources of ours shouldn't have kids going hungry.

Cut taxes and government spending by 50% or more :-? This should be an easy one, YES.

I feel that the government has no business in my wallet, my religion(or lack of one), or my bedroom.

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”