KY Sen. Mitch McConnell

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

katie
MASTER MEMBER

KY Sen. Mitch McConnell

Post by katie »

Looks like y'all got something to gripe about already! Thought for sure it would be at least a couple of months before we heard some crap /:)

Shocking isn’t it? After the November 2 elections and a clear message from the American people that they are fed up with excessive government spending and earmarks, Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) still wants earmarks. McConnell not only still likes earmarks but he is also trying to defeat an attempt to restrict earmarks. According to a November 9, 2010 article in Politico:
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is maneuvering behind the scenes to defeat a conservative plan aimed at restricting earmarks, setting up a high-stakes showdown that pits the GOP leader and his “Old Bull” allies against Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) and a new breed of conservative senators.
In a series of one-on-one conversations with incoming and sitting senators, McConnell is encouraging his colleagues to keep an open mind and not to automatically side with DeMint, whose plan calls on Senate Republicans to unilaterally give up earmarks in the 112th Congress, according to several people familiar with the talks.
Sen. McConnell has always had an appetite for pork, and in fact, in the 2010 Congressional Pig Book Sen. McConnell was responsible for $114 million worth of pork, including $1.2 million for the Western Kentucky University Shuttle Bus Improvement Project.

http://swineline.org/?p=4765
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: KY Sen. Mitch McConnell

Post by E_ »

Yep, my wife can't stand his "good ole boys" ways.

Sure he helps the state with stuff he brings in but that makes him no different than Hal Rogers or Nancy Pelosi. (hA! I found a way to get all those names grouped together) She also only gets reelected because she brings all kinds of stuff her her area.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Re: KY Sen. Mitch McConnell

Post by $parechange »

All pork crap stinks. Call it what it is BRIBE MONEY! This should be illegal, if it isn't already! X(

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”