Immigration laws!

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Immigration laws!

Post by Nervous Wreck »

The feds need to do their d@mn job...plain and simple!! X( X(

snip:
The Justice Department sued last year, arguing that Arizona's law goes beyond what the federal government allows in terms of enforcing illegal immigration laws.

Arizona counters that the federal government isn't doing enough to address illegal immigration and that border states are suffering disproportionately.

and what's wrong with this!?

In April, a three-judge panel of the 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in San Francisco upheld a federal judge's ruling halting enforcement of several provisions of Arizona's S.B. 1070. Among the blocked provisions: Requiring all immigrants to obtain or carry immigration registration papers; making it a state criminal offense for an illegal immigrant to seek work or hold a job; and allowing police to arrest suspected illegal immigrants without a warrant.

In October, the federal appeals court in Atlanta blocked parts of the Alabama law that forced public schools to check the immigration status of students and allowed police to file criminal charges against people who are unable to prove their citizenship.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12 ... z1gKx21u2r

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12 ... z1gKvkH6AG
MattThorn
I posted something! WooHoo!

Re: Immigration laws!

Post by MattThorn »

I just don't understand why it is so horrible to be able to prove you are a legal citizen. Shouldn't a legal citizen be "proud to be an American" (try not to break out into song) And why the hell is it so horribly wrong to ask if someone is a legal citizen? I am a legal citizen, I pay my taxes, I should at least be able to know who I am paying to be here!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Immigration laws!

Post by re3too »

Amen!
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”