I don't get into politics.....

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

MissSwitzerland
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Knight's Landing

I don't get into politics.....

Post by MissSwitzerland »

....but I'm SOOOO relieved to know that the first important decision of the President-Elect, the only decision that has hit every newspaper, every news station, every TV tabloid since the election, is what kind of f*@(&ing, stupid a$$, DOG the new residents of the White House need to get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X(

This country is so screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
When the Queen is Happy there is Peace in the Kingdom!
crwky

Re: I don't get into politics.....

Post by crwky »

You tell them POS I'm too mad to X( X(
MissSwitzerland
Better Member

Seriously!! That's the only thing on every morning news show, every local news station! It's stupid! I've got a ton of stray cats running around our house, maybe they need a cat instead!!!!!!!!
crwky

Post by crwky »

Nope that won't work the one girl has allergies real bad =)) =)) =)) You think a common cat will work for these people come one this is the president you're talking about here :ymcowboy:
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Keep the dog, shoot the kid :ymdevil: :ymcowboy:
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

The day after the election, it was all about Michelle's dress.... after all the "bashing" Sara took about her clothes... media just has nothing to report on... (-| 8-|
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
rockinrod7
Marina/Ramp: Cumberland Point

Post by rockinrod7 »

I am tired of all of it........exit poll this.....percentages that...........You wanna know 2 exit polls I want to see?

First one...........Of all the people that voted for Moron...How many actually have a job?

Secondly...........Of all the people that voted for Moron...How many are already drawing a government check? X( X( X( X(
Voting for Obama and his tax theories are comparable to a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders......Good luck everyone. :(
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

So Rod, what ya sayin? Please don't flower it up so much. Didn't you know it was a great day in history. The black folk can do anything now, at least thats what they say. L-)
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

Spare Change wrote:So Rod, what ya sayin? Please don't flower it up so much. Didn't you know it was a great day in history. The black folk can do anything now, at least thats what they say. L-)

First Book of Democrat

PSALM 2008-2012

FIRST BOOK OF DEMOCRAT

OBAMA IS MY SHEPHERD, I SHALL NOT WANT.
HE LEADETH ME BESIDE STILL FACTORIES
HE RESTORETH MY FAITH IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.
HE GUIDETH ME IN THE PATH OF UNEMPLOYMENT
YEA, THOUGH I WALK THROUGHT THE VALLEY OF THE BREAD LINE, I SHALL NOT GO HUNGRY.
OBAMA HAS ANOINTED MY INCOME WITH TAXES,
MY EXPENSES RUNNETH OVER MY INCOME,
SURELY, POVERTY AND HARD LIVING WILL FOLLOW ME ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE.
THE DEMOCRATS AND I WILL LIVE FOREVER IN A RENTED HOME.
BUT I AM GLAD I AM AN AMERICAN,
I AM GLAD THAT I AM FREE.
BUT I WISH I WAS A DOG,
AND OBAMA WAS A TREE.
B-)
Voting for Obama and his tax theories are comparable to a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders......Good luck everyone. :(
MissSwitzerland
Better Member

Wow!! Okay, sorry I started this!!! @-) I'm just sick of hearing about the dog, that's all!!! 8-}
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

rockinrod7 wrote:I am tired of all of it........exit poll this.....percentages that...........You wanna know 2 exit polls I want to see?

First one...........Of all the people that voted for Moron...How many actually have a job?

Secondly...........Of all the people that voted for Moron...How many are already drawing a government check? X( X( X( X(

That for SURE would be interesting. Good thing KY CANUCK is not here... =))
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
djcardinal
Contributor

Post by djcardinal »

MissSwitzerland wrote:Wow!! Okay, sorry I started this!!! @-) I'm just sick of hearing about the dog, that's all!!! 8-}
Its actually typical.

The funny part is many smart and very f**(^ng WHITE people voted for Barak Obama. Many WHITE people are on welfare, and probably voted for McCain, becuase the goverment has had a really good record "LATELY" of giving handouts.

The inability of people on here to have an open mind is exactly why discussing politics can be a bad idea. It also shows that the divides, not just racial, are as prevalent as ever!

One more note while I am pi$$ed off about this topic, my mother is receiving a monthly check from the government, as part of the ADA and the Supplemental Security Income which is given to people over the age of 65, blind, or disabled. Both of those programs were started during Republican admistrations. The SSI in 1974 and the ADA in 1990 by HWB, and then ratified in 2008 by GWB. My mother is disabled because of numerous terminal diseases that make it impossible for her to work, and very difficult for her to get out. BTW, she voted for Obama, so I guess she is part of your poll that you want to see.

Everyone wants to turn this into black/white democrat/republican. Isn't it blatenly clear we need change, and the great part of our government is noone other than Supreme Court Judges have endless terms. If this don't work out, the voters will demand more change. It will happen, one way or the other.

DJ
Last edited by djcardinal on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

You need to have more faith in your fellow man DJ, don't attack but educate like our friend from the north.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E, I agree to have faith, I'm just REALLY sick and tired of giving handouts to ANYONE, just because they can get it! I've been there (on welfare) growing up, it was shameful and you wanted NOBODY to find out. Back then, single mom, 4 kids, women didn't /couldn't get jobs and there was no DEADBEAT DAD programs, *uckers just left.... System today is waaaayyyy broken, makes for many bad opinions... :ymsigh:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

38% of Americans pay NO, NONE, NADA in Taxes So if Mr Obama is going to cut 95% of Americans Taxes then he must be planning on giving those folks a CHECK. That will surely get you a vote or two. So he only had to convince about 13% of TAXPAYERS that his plan was better, ala he's the president. Pretty fart smeller, I mean smart feller. :)) :)) :))
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Easy cure. 10% across the board for everyone, no deductions. We would be out of debt in no time. :ymhug:
shocka43
Better Member

Post by shocka43 »

rockinrod7 wrote:I am tired of all of it........exit poll this.....percentages that...........You wanna know 2 exit polls I want to see?

Good chance I just wet myself....bwahahahahaha
"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."---Ronald Reagan
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

Spare Change wrote:Easy cure. 10% across the board for everyone, no deductions. We would be out of debt in no time. :ymhug:
Hell Yeah!!!! Sounds good to me. No matter how successful you are you're not penalized for it.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
shocka43
Better Member

Post by shocka43 »

IMO you have two options that are fair.

Fair tax where everyone pays. Even non-workers, non-taxpayers, illegals, drug dealers, etc. This is the most fair, because the abusers of the system will now have to pay their dues. They can get their handouts, but they aren't keeping 100% of it like they do now.

Flat tax. Everyone's income is taxed XX% across the board. No slide scale depending on how much you make. 10% of my income is just as important as 10% of a minimum wage worker, as is 10% of everyone else. You live withing your means. My 10% is more than 10 dollar an hour 10%. I should be able to do more with my money, because I make more. If 10 dollar an hour can't do as much, too bad. Live within your means, or get an education/training/skilled trade, and do better for yourself.
"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."---Ronald Reagan
shocka43
Better Member

Post by shocka43 »

djcardinal wrote:Everyone wants to turn this into black/white democrat/republican. Isn't it blatenly clear we need change, and the great part of our government is noone other than Supreme Court Judges have endless terms. If this don't work out, the voters will demand more change. It will happen, one way or the other.
You are correct. I am guilty of pointing fingers just as much as anyone else. I am confident that this man and his subordinates that he selects will have us so screwed up in four years if not two, that the common sense track will be on course and he and his delegates will be voted out of office. It doesn't have to be a repub. It can be a moderate dem, an independent, a moderate conservative...Who cares. Just someone that is looking out for the best interest of the country and plans on moving it forward under the principles it was built. Obama will not move this country under the principles it was built, but from rather the way he sees fit. I can't support a Commander in Chief that would be unable to get a security clearance to work for a federal law enforcement agency just based on his associations.

Obama supporters want to preach about coming together in a bipartisan fashion. They sure as hell didn't want to come together under Bush. They only want to draw conservatives to their side in a plan to come together when they are in power. WHERE WAS THE BIPARTISAN SUPPORT WITH BUSH IN OFFICE? There wasn't any. There sure as hell isn't going to be any support from me. Let's all pray to God that his future mistakes don't cause future security concerns for our Nation or our troops abroad.
DMS

Post by DMS »

Granted I a'int got much learnin', but I dont get the "1st African-American president" thing. #1 Why the hyphen. Your either AMERCIAN or your not. Period (nothing personal Ky canuk). #2. He's a half breed. Part white, part black. #3 Wasn't he raised by white grandparents. Don't mean to sound racist but nobody else refers to themselves as ?????-Americans, why should he? If your gonna hyphen your country of origin the AMERICAN part should come first. Get in, Get out, or Get run over. JMHO
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

Everyone can dodge the race issue all you want. BUT. If it weren't for him being black he would have NEVER seen office. I guarantee you the vast majority of the black votes he got(which put him over the top) couldn't even spell politics let alone know what he actually stood for. They only voted to "get a brother" in office.

Funniest poll I have seen was on CBS...........Immediately after election voters were asked if they felt like their kid could grow up and be president.....

23% said yes they believed their kids could be the next president

67% said yes they believed their kids could be the next president.

Guess which group is which........lol Give me a break. =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Hell if we are gonna get that excited I say I have a 67% chance of being the next Pope. :)) :)) :))
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

ACTUALLY!!!!!!!!!

The fact of the matter is.........Obama is 50% white............43.5% arab.............and 6.5% black.....

He only has 1 great grandmother that was actually black..........In the U.S. in order to claim a minority status your heritage must be at least 12.5%...........so technically if he wants to claim ANYTHING other than white he must claim being a middle eastern or Arab.........SO we didn't elect the first "black president" like the media and all the feel good civil liberties people want to tell you..........THE CITIZENS OF THE U.S. ELECTED A MUSLIM middle eastern or Arab WHO HAS NO RIGHT TO RUN THIS COUNTRY. X( X( X( X(
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Maybe this will help ease the pain.
obamalastday.jpg
obamalastday.jpg (12.51 KiB) Viewed 11129 times
djcardinal
Contributor

Post by djcardinal »

I am done with this thread, I can't believe the amount of bigitry and outright racism on here.

He's an American that is fact!! He ran a great campaign and got votes for all "RACES" in this country. Thats how he won the election. It was without my vote as well.

You know America use to be all about the land of opportunity and the land of the free. But on this board it sometimes seems its only for the land of the White and Right! Many of you talk about America this and America that, but yet you all still ridicule another American and many other American's that are poorer, different color, and possible different beliefs than yourselfs. This whole thread, and many on this forum are sad to read.

DJ
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

I'm sorry you feel that way. However, we enjoy the right to voice our opinions whether anyone agrees or not.

Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

So DJ, I guess when you saw the stickers saying 1-19-09 Last day for Bush, or the upside down W with moron under it you felt the same way as you do now? This country became this divided when the left started trashing Bush on day one, this isn't anything new. Before you go calling anyone a racist you might at least want to know who you are talking to, that's all I have to say on that. :ymhug:
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

So much for this thread. :(( [-( :-w :ymtongue: :ymsigh:

Report this postReply with quote Re: So who did ya vote for?
by Dolphin on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:57 am

I find it quite refreshing to see that You, we can be respectful of an-other's views and opinions, A self regulating forum ? Now whom would have thought

Congratulations to ALL

Boaters are more intelligent and resourceful, Respectful than some may give them credit for !!!

Thank you again to those that work so very hard to keep this forum up and running
Last edited by Dolphin on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total. Dolphin
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Post by Dolphin »

MissSwitzerland wrote:....but I'm SOOOO relieved to know that the first important decision of the President-Elect, the only decision that has hit every newspaper, every news station, every TV tabloid since the election, is what kind of f*@(&ing, stupid a$$, DOG the new residents of the White House need to get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X(

This country is so screwed!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Its ALL about feelings, and that is ALL you will get :o)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Everyone has a right to their opinion. If someone is attacking somone else on here however that opinion my be deleted. The opinons on this forum DO NOT necessarily reflect the opinions of those that oversee the forum. In fact I am pretty sure the admins and mods themselves have differing opinions as well.

I hope no one goes away mad... But they also have the right to go away or stay unless they cross the line too far. Thus far no one has really said anything too far out of line and their statements are THEIR opinions and I have left them thus far.

DJ if you stop now you will never get through to anyone. If you have something to say back it up and keep going. Say what you have to say just don't expect some people set in their ways to change but at least know you have somewhere you can say what you feel needs to be said. :ymhug: ;) :)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Now watch this video Lexcomman posted and enjoy.. It is frickin hilarious... It starts off a little slow but then takes off in true South Park style.

http://www.southparkzone.com/episodes/1 ... Night.html =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

From this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=121
shocka43
Better Member

Post by shocka43 »

I believe the race deal isn't something that is being pointed out to be racist, but rather to prove a point.

This man and his campaign sold to the American people that he was BLACK, not a majority WHITE and ARAB. I am not afraid to mention race, because it is real and something that needs to be talked about. If you hide from social problems and positives that relate to race, you will get nowhere. Unfortunately, some believe that talking about his race is negative. If it was the other way around this wouldn't be a problem.

I will guarantee you. If his campaign ran on the fact he was a small percentage black, he would not be in office.

If he was white, and ran with the same principles that he has, he would have not been elected into office.

There are thousands, if not millions, that voted for this man, on nothing more than he was a minority. Not on his future abilities to run a Nation. People that think electing someone into office "because it is cool", don't have a clue when it comes to the nuts and bolts of what a President needs to be. They will learn in the near future.

MARK MY WORDS....The first failure of this President will be pulling out troops. Terrorists and cells of these people are busy fighting us on foreign soil. As soon as these people that are our enemies aren't occupied over there fighting us, they will be developing plans to attack us again on our own soil. Those that voted for him, probably didn't think about this. Would you rather be fighting abroad, or here in America? Your choice. It doesn't matter why or how we got over there, but you make the wrong logistic move, and you can bet your a$$ you wish we were in the Middle East and not here.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

shocka43 wrote: There are thousands, if not millions, that voted for this man, on nothing more than he was a minority. Not on his future abilities to run a Nation.

This morning on the Today show they talked about how people are "now" proud to be from America again. I have been proud to be from America for going on 45 years. It didn't take electing Obama or Bush, to do it either. It's a sad day when electing a man because of who he is can make you proud, he can make me proud by decisions that he makes as my leader, but as of today he is not the President, and he hasn't made any decisions as one either.
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

shocka43 wrote:I believe the race deal isn't something that is being pointed out to be racist, but rather to prove a point.

This man and his campaign sold to the American people that he was BLACK, not a majority WHITE and ARAB. I am not afraid to mention race, because it is real and something that needs to be talked about. If you hide from social problems and positives that relate to race, you will get nowhere. Unfortunately, some believe that talking about his race is negative. If it was the other way around this wouldn't be a problem.

I will guarantee you. If his campaign ran on the fact he was a small percentage black, he would not be in office.

If he was white, and ran with the same principles that he has, he would have not been elected into office.

There are thousands, if not millions, that voted for this man, on nothing more than he was a minority. Not on his future abilities to run a Nation. People that think electing someone into office "because it is cool", don't have a clue when it comes to the nuts and bolts of what a President needs to be. They will learn in the near future.

MARK MY WORDS....The first failure of this President will be pulling out troops. Terrorists and cells of these people are busy fighting us on foreign soil. As soon as these people that are our enemies aren't occupied over there fighting us, they will be developing plans to attack us again on our own soil. Those that voted for him, probably didn't think about this. Would you rather be fighting abroad, or here in America? Your choice. It doesn't matter why or how we got over there, but you make the wrong logistic move, and you can bet your a$$ you wish we were in the Middle East and not here.

For once Shocka you and I are in TOTAL agreement and said what I was thinking in a much better manner. :ymapplause:
MissSwitzerland
Better Member

SOOOOOO, what kind of dog do you think they should get???????? O:-) O:-)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Huntin dog 8-| @-) #-o
djcardinal
Contributor

Post by djcardinal »

Nice, real nice!

Why not suggest he get a Chow, I heard they are very protective!

DJ
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

#-o I agree with DJ, that was over the top... Edit has been made. :-w
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:#-o I agree with DJ, that was over the top... Edit has been made. :-w
Good call, for once in your life! :p :p
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Hey, those are nice dogs too, Do you want to know what I would have named him?
MissSwitzerland
Better Member

NO!!! =; :-$ [-(
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

We always had some Procyon lotor dogs on the farm ! They did not shed much and smelled pretty good for a dog. They were always good with children from what I could see! they liked to be up all night howling and slept during the day as long as they were fed. Might just be the perfect species for the Obama white house. If they were good for us farm folks ! Heck , might consider One or even 3 or 4 :-\
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

In 2 years you won't be able to find anyone that voted for Obama. ;) =))
Last edited by kdfwr911 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kdfwr911
Better Member

Post by kdfwr911 »

Now I know why the other forum has been so quite lately. Everyone that didn't want to talk about politics over there is over here talking about them. :-o :-o :-o
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

Life Is politics, Politics is Life , The basis of every culture, every event and every society, civilized or not revolves around politics. Even animal life has a pecking order !! This is a forum of the people by the people with no particular political motive other than the opinion of each individual Posting !!!! :-? Pondering and evaluating [-( Happily living a self serving 8-} dysfunctional :-w according to some :-o mindless existence =(( So, drink another cup of your favorite brew and ENJOY :x Feel the Love and BE Happy :ymparty: :ymapplause: =p~ :ymparty: :ymsick:
crwky

Post by crwky »

kdfwr911 wrote:In 2 years you won't be able to find anyone that voted for Obama. ;) =))
Along those same lines I think people put their Obama bumper stickers on after he won. I was on my way back from the lake this weekend and I think I saw more of them on Sunday than I did at anytime before the election.

By the way welcome kdfwr911 :ymapplause: glad to have ya
DMS

Post by DMS »

Dolphin wrote:We always had some Procyon lotor dogs on the farm !
A Procyon lotor dog? Aw never mind...that ones to easy.
shocka43
Better Member

Post by shocka43 »

Dolphin wrote:Life Is politics, Politics is Life , The basis of every culture, every event and every society, civilized or not revolves around politics. Even animal life has a pecking order !! This is a forum of the people by the people with no particular political motive other than the opinion of each individual Posting !!!! :-? Pondering and evaluating [-( Happily living a self serving 8-} dysfunctional :-w according to some :-o mindless existence =(( So, drink another cup of your favorite brew and ENJOY :x Feel the Love and BE Happy :ymparty: :ymapplause: =p~ :ymparty: :ymsick:
You are right. If we didn't have politics to entertain educational debates, we wouldn't get anywhere. Challenging both sides spawns progress. Even if it is by a bunch of "normal" people.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Isn't socialism where you dictate what you can say and what you can't? Don't talk politics, be careful what you say about a marina, he was bad when he talked back to me, so I banned him, you can only say what I think is OK, I will forgo any more remarks as not to offend someone. Anyway Shoka, you are correct, a good open forum is a great thing to have.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Now now, lol Lets be nice. I know the statements are generalised but I know we are all better than letting it bother us and bring us down...

as for me, the only thing you will see me edit will be something that goes against what is stated in the header of most of the forums on this site. I really only see a banning offence (for now I am new to this) as someone that gets the whole site up in arms and trolls for no good reason. Or someone that keeps personally attacking someone else and does not quit when warned. ...that is basically the standard $pare set on BTN and I want to try to follow it as much as possible. But I will say this. If any of you go and buy your own hotwheels you can't play with mine anymore... LOL =))
shocka43
Better Member

Post by shocka43 »

It's all about having a little fun, knowing we all have different opinions, disagreeing with them respectfully, without personal attacks.

Hey, it's a good week. The Bengals didn't loose this past weekend.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Why? did they not play? =)) :)) =)) =)) =))
shocka43
Better Member

Post by shocka43 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Why? did they not play? =)) :)) =)) =)) =))
You got it....Bye week. :ymapplause:
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Exactly, =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

E_HILLMAN wrote:Now now, lol Lets be nice. I know the statements are generalised but I know we are all better than letting it bother us and bring us down...

as for me, the only thing you will see me edit will be something that goes against what is stated in the header of most of the forums on this site. I really only see a banning offence (for now I am new to this) as someone that gets the whole site up in arms and trolls for no good reason. Or someone that keeps personally attacking someone else and does not quit when warned. ...that is basically the standard $pare set on BTN and I want to try to follow it as much as possible. But I will say this. If any of you go and buy your own hotwheels you can't play with mine anymore... LOL =))
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Now now, lol Lets be nice. I know the statements are generalised but I know we are all better than letting it bother us and bring us down...

So....Basically you're saying you are going to have to ban yousrself? :ymdevil: :-* =)) 8-}
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
DMS

Post by DMS »

The Secret Service picks nicknames for the Obamas. Mr. Obama will be known as "Renegade" (move over, Lorenzo Lamas). Michelle, a woman of many talents, will be referred to as "Renaissance." Malia Obama's name will be "Radiance," while little sister Sasha's will be "Rosebud."

And what of the Bidens? We were hoping the Secret Service would stick to the "R" theme and dub Joe "Rogaine." Alas, his name will be "Celtic." His wife Jill will be "Capri."

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92024/?fp=1
KYCanuck
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Burnside Marina - Yearly slip

Post by KYCanuck »

E_HILLMAN wrote:

That for SURE would be interesting. Good thing KY CANUCK is not here... =))
Man I go away for one week and the whole thing just falls apart! =)) =))

It's just too darn late to respond now! :)) :))
Brrrrr!

The Red Pontiac G8 GT in my Avatar is for Sale - Ask me about it!
KYCanuck
Better Member

Post by KYCanuck »

Denmark- wrote:Granted I a'int got much learnin', but I dont get the "1st African-American president" thing. #1 Why the hyphen. Your either AMERCIAN or your not. Period (nothing personal Ky canuk). If your gonna hyphen your country of origin the AMERICAN part should come first. Get in, Get out, or Get run over. JMHO
So would that make me a Canadian-American or an American-Canadian! =)) =))
Maybe I could be called a Camerican, or an Anadian. :)) :))

I had to do it! =))
Brrrrr!

FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

KYCanuck wrote:
Denmark- wrote:Granted I a'int got much learnin', but I dont get the "1st African-American president" thing. #1 Why the hyphen. Your either AMERCIAN or your not. Period (nothing personal Ky canuk). If your gonna hyphen your country of origin the AMERICAN part should come first. Get in, Get out, or Get run over. JMHO
So would that make me a Canadian-American or an American-Canadian! =)) =))
Maybe I could be called a Camerican, or an Anadian. :)) :))

I had to do it! =))
Neither, you're Canadian-soon-to-be-American :D

KYCanuck
Better Member

Post by KYCanuck »

Ah but you are wrong, if everything goes as planned, soon to be 'both'.
Brrrrr!

FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

KYCanuck wrote:Ah but you are wrong, if everything goes as planned, soon to be 'both'.
So will we call you a Canuckican then or a "Canadian born American?" :D

$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

WHY ARE WE BANKRUPT?

You think the war in Iraq is costing us too much? Read this:

I was confused until I read this. I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the

Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting us. I now find that to be RIDICULOUS.

I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until it finally sinks in so that the reader will get completely sick of reading them. Also included are the URL's for verification of all the following facts:

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.

Verify at: http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!

Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... ldt.0.html

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.

Verify at http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.

Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.

Verify at: http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html

9. $200 Billion dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US .

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border.

Verify at: Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National policy Institute, estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'

Verify at: http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/ ... tation.pdf

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances to their countries of origin.

Verify at: http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm>

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One million sex crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States .'

Verify at: http: // www.drdsk.com/articleshtml

The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.

Are we THAT stupid?
G.T.
Contributor

Post by G.T. »

Dogs.... I think they should get the Labradoodle.... Non-allergenic, and good temperament.

A Pug would be perfect but the allergy and hair issue probably would not work.

For the other part of this thread...

I'm a huge optimist.... what I want out of all this is for the black rhetoric to die down.... "Keeping the black man down"... I have actually heard these words spoken.... I hope that this shows.. With the right attitude, and work.... anyone can do anything..... I truly want a day where skin color doesn't matter... I see no reason why it should .....

What I find more amazing is the fact that as stated earlier, he is more Arab that black, and the US citizens voted him in.

For the record I didn't vote... I didn't think we had a candidate that was worth my vote, and there were no lesser of two evils......

Time will tell if he can do something with what he has been given, but I feel our systems and bureaucracy are in such a mess that no one can fix it..... Kind of like bailing out Ford or GM... I don't see the point.....

If I didn't pay my bills my father would kick my Arse.... I just turned 44, but you can bet he would still do it... and as for a bailout.. I'd rather the lake go dry than ask my Dad for help.... (now if you know me.. thats serious...LOL)

OK I've covered Dogs, Politics and the Financial Bailouts..... thats the most politics I've ever stated at one time and I did it on a public Forum..... #:-s
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

And that says it All !!! I think That IS the Point Eric !!! You are a free speech Conservative !!! At least you will discuss an Issue and Allow Debating, Always a learning, Open Minded Function that We all Like on this Site.
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

Politics are discussions, Discussions are Politics ! Only in a free Society! Will Rogers !!!

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”