GUNS

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

GUNS

Post by $parechange »

Guns

PEOPLE ASK WHY?

Why I Carry a Gun

My old grandpa said to me son,' there comes a time in every man's life
When he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's
When he becomes too old to take an a$$ whoopin'.
I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the
World.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
Myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and
Not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.
Cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the
Ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am
Inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful
To me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.
Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the
Crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
Take an a$$ whoopin'.

..author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

I would like to add one more thing: I carry a gun and have guns in my home as a deterent. And if every law abiding citizen was made to have a gun there would be a lot less crime ( proven fact ). Wes....

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. >From 1915 to 1917, 1..5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
---- ------------- -------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN! SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE. SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.

I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment! If you are too, please forward.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: GUNS

Post by E_ »

:ymapplause:
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Amen! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I have always said friends don't have to worry about me and my guns, they will never know I even have one close. ;)
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: Totally agree!

Yep, they can have my gun..."When they pry it from my cold dead hands."
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Bloomington, Indiana Herald-Times Treats Law-Abiding Gun Owners like Registered Sex Offenders!
Please Contact the Bloomington Herald-Times!

On November 30, 2009, the Bloomington Herald-Times made the following announcement:
“This week, HeraldTimesOnline.com will launch its new gun permit database. You’ll be able to search gun permit records by county, city or town and street.”
The Herald-Times has begun receiving calls and emails, and their response is a defiant defense of their online gun permit database.

Anyone who visits the newspaper website will be able to search the number of permits on a given street or neighborhood. Although at this point the names and house numbers are not listed, the newspaper’s website treats law-abiding Indiana gun owners like sex offenders on a searchable database.

It is NRA's firm belief that there is no public good served by the publishing or cataloguing private citizens’ gun ownership information, and that more harm is done by such an action. Law-abiding Hoosiers should not be subjected to the same treatment as sex offenders, and if the newspaper won’t listen to their constituents and customers, then NRA Members and Indiana gun owners should send a financial message by cancelling their subscriptions to the Bloomington Herald-Times.

Please contact the Bloomington Herald-Times to respectfully voice your displeasure at the irresponsible action the newspaper has made.

Scott Schurz, Sunday Hoosier Times/Editor-in-Chief
(812) 331-4250
Sschurz@heraldt.com

E. Mayer Maloney Jr., Publisher
(812) 331-4251
Mmaloney@heraldt.com

Bob Zaltsberg, Editor
(812) 331-4364
rzaltsberg@heraldt.com
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS!
X(
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Another reminder.

Gun owners... look what's on the 2010 tax return
The American public had better wake up. This is about as scary as it gets. Talk about a slippery slope. Hitler started the same way . Freedom evaporated before anyone knew what was happening.

VERIFIED - TRUE by snopes.com
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp

As if we didn't have enough to get upset about! If you have a gun, I hope it isn't registered!
It begins... more Freedom gone... the right to protect yourself and your family gone! Now ALL GUNS must be listed on your next (2010) tax return!
Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that you have or own.
It will require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun.
This bill was introduced on February 24, 2009, by the Obama staff. BUT, this bill will only become public knowledge 30 days after the new law becomes effective! This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee has passed this without the Senate voting on it at all. Trust Obama? You must be kidding!
The full text of the IRS amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage: www.senate.gov <http://www.senate.gov/> . You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099. You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.
Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009: www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text <http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text >
Obama's Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.
It has begun... Whatever Obama's "Secret Master Plan" is... this is just the 'tip of the iceberg!'
Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.
Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar as a 'minor' IRS revision, and, as usual, the 'political' lawmakers did not read this bill before signing and approving it!
To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Goggle HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.
Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless: 1) It is registered 2) You are fingerprinted 3) You supply a current Driver's License 4) You supply your Social Security number 5) You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
Each update change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25. Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.
There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 years in prison.
If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pass this along.
This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.
This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not..

< http://thomas..loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45> :
< http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show>
GovTrack.us ) < http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45>

Please.. copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA , whether you support the Right to Bear Arms or are for gun control. We all should have the right to choose.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Did a seach on the House's website and it has a lot of opposition.

http://search.house.gov/htbin/search

Type in Blair Holt in the search field.

http://culberson.house.gov/second-amendment-rights/

Here is the Bill
http://www.house.gov/rush/pdf/blairsbillfactsheet.pdf

Rep Kenny Marchant Page http://www.marchant.house.gov/list/hear ... 2709.shtml

I. Protecting 2nd Amendment Rights

Preserving the 2nd Amendment Rights of Law-Abiding Gun Owners:
Recently, I have received a number of emails expressing concern with H.R. 45 “Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act.” If this bill comes to the floor for a vote, I intend to oppose it as an unconstitutional infringement of rights granted by the 2nd Amendment. In the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision in D.C. v. Heller which finally acknowledged an individual right to keep in bear arms, many groups have mobilized to place burdensome limits on the rights of law-abiding gun owners. H.R. 45 is an example. I have joined a bipartisan group of colleagues to cosponsor H.R. 1620, “The Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Act” authored by Rep. John Boozman (R-AR). This bill will obligate all states to honor concealed carry laws by allowing eligible gun owners the same privileges granted in their home state. I believe the right to defend oneself is a constitutionally protected right that does not stop at the state line.

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”