Poll: Voters want to throw 'em out

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Poll: Voters want to throw 'em out

Post by Nervous Wreck »

(CNN) – Anti-incumbent attitudes are more inflamed now than they have been in 19 years.

According to a Gallup poll released Friday, more than three quarters of registered voters say most members of Congress deserve to lose their jobs–the highest number since 1993, the year before the political climate resulted in a Republican "tsunami."

That wave unseated 40 years of Democratic control of the House of Representatives and installed Newt Gingrich, now a GOP presidential candidate, as speaker of the House.

But today, 76 percent of voters said most members of Congress do not deserve to be re-elected, the highest percentage Gallup measured in 19 years of asking that question. And the 20% who say congressional members should be re-elected is a record low-one point below the previous low recorded in August.

Roughly eight in 10 independents said members don't deserve to keep their jobs–more than Republicans at 75% and Democrats at 68%–but the small margins between the three groups reveals agreement among political parties against incumbent congressmen.
-----------------------------------

I like it ! :ymapplause:

article:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ?hpt=hp_t1
gumby
Contributor

Re: Poll: Voters want to throw 'em out

Post by gumby »

Vote the bastards out!! :ymapplause:
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Dang, I clicked on this thread thinking I was going to get to vote on something. HAven't seen a poll on here in quite some time.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

gumby wrote:Vote the bastards out!! :ymapplause:

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”