I know ya'll think that drug testing welfare recipients.....

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

I know ya'll think that drug testing welfare recipients.....

Post by imaposer »

Is a great idea. But, really what is it worth?

re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: I know ya'll think that drug testing welfare recipients.

Post by re3too »

Source?
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

OK, I'm confused. I didn't think Florida testing started until July 2011. Also this confused me also.
http://www.floridafga.org/2011/10/flori ... r-facts-2/
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

re3too wrote:Source?

What? I have to fact check all the other thread on here myself, and now I have to do it on my own? :-w

Source was another forum. =))

Fine. Percentage of failed test is correct. Dollar amounts listed is, um, a typical use of figures. #-o
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

ROFLMAO! Did imaposer just pull a $pare? LMAO!

I don't "buy" those stats. And YES for a while it is worth it. :P
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Holy crap, poopboy! I was jist askin' for a reference for what was posted! :ymtongue:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
I don't "buy" those stats. And YES for a while it is worth it. :P

Yup. The 178 mil. stated is the total cost of the program. Digging deeper, it looks like the state will end up close to breaking even to seeing a savings of around $100K due to the drug testing.

Just think, if this proves to be a success, maybe they will role out drug testing for any kind of government aid. :-?
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I'm good with that. I'd rather spend it on making sure things are done right than spend it on druggies. NOW having said that I DO THINK they could do the testing cheaper. The govt's real shortfall is they are not accountable for THEIR productivity and savings.
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

Hmm. I'll start the list.

You should have to take a drug test to get-
Welfare.
Unemployment.
Social security
Any type of gov't job
Any job that is directly or indirectly paid for with gov't money
Any tax deduction
Student loans.
Drivers license.
to vote.

What else?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

access to a public park.. LOL That would have stopped the occupy groups. LMAO
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

WHAT!!!!!!You want me to be tested to collect MY social security? I paid into it for 50 years and as was said by many, it's not an entitlement, it was earned!
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

I'm sorry pop-o, but the money you paid in has already been spent. The money you are collecting now is the money those of us who are working are paying in.
I'm sorry, but it's for the good of the country.
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:access to a public park.. LOL That would have stopped the occupy groups. LMAO
Aw, dammit E. You had to go and bring up parks. That is the one weak spot in my "if I were the king, tiny government plan". I would happily eliminate all the subsidies like welfare, unemployment, social security, etc. but, I can't figure out how I could justify keeping parks. 8-}
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:access to a public park.. LOL That would have stopped the occupy groups. LMAO
Aw, dammit E. You had to go and bring up parks. That is the one weak spot in my "if I were the king, tiny government plan". I would happily eliminate all the subsidies like welfare, unemployment, social security, etc. but, I can't figure out how I could justify keeping parks. 8-}
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

imaposer wrote:I'm sorry pop-o, but the money you paid in has already been spent. The money you are collecting now is the money those of us who are working are paying in.

I don't care if they have spent it yet or not, they better find it and find it quick. I did not catch that one in your list but indeed it is not a entitlement it is money of ours that they have. (and have been giving away to illegals etc.)
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

imaposer wrote:I'm sorry pop-o, but the money you paid in has already been spent. The money you are collecting now is the money those of us who are working are paying in.
Well duh, that's the way it is supposed to work. I paid in all those years for the ole timers that were retired. Now I'm an ole timer and you youngsters are paying in for me.
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

The problem with social security is the same with all ponzi scams, you need continuous growth for it to work.there's not enough coming in to cover what's going out and it's only getting worse. When do we decide to admit the plan is a failure and pull the plug on it?
Drug testing recipients would help reduce the costs, right?
Pop-O
Better Member

Post by Pop-O »

Hmmmmm, I just don't think the ole timers are into drugs. Now if you gonna count alcohol then that's a whole nuther ballgame! LOL :D

Haven't those clowns that are in congress used-taken-stolen a big chunk of $$$$ from SS over the years?
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

Pop-O wrote:Hmmmmm, I just don't think the ole timers are into drugs.
Yeah, it might not get too high of a failure rate to make it worth it. :-?
Now if you gonna count alcohol then that's a whole nuther ballgame! LOL :D
Genius! Let's bring back prohibition! Test everyone all the time! Breathalyzer lockouts mandatory on all vehicles. Heck, include tobacco in this as well. As a non drinker, non smoker, non drug user, I should be all for this.....But....

Haven't those clowns that are in congress used-taken-stolen a big chunk of $$$$ from SS over the years?
And this is more to the point. The huge failure with welfare isn't the 2% who are druggies playing the system, it's the whole system. The whole thing needs a do over or scrapping all together.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I'm ok with scrapping it as long as I get MY money back.
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

imaposer wrote:The problem with social security is the same with all ponzi scams, you need continuous growth for it to work.there's not enough coming in to cover what's going out and it's only getting worse. When do we decide to admit the plan is a failure and pull the plug on it?
Drug testing recipients would help reduce the costs, right?

You all can pull the plug when I am not able to receive what I have earned. :D :D :D
southforkwally

Post by southforkwally »

As most of you all know,I'm against drug testing of almost any kind. What's funny to me is that folks who want to drug test others keep voting for politicians who have run up over $16,000,000,000,000 trillion in debt and are paying 42% interest on the bill. Seems to me we need to send Uncle Sam to a rehibilatation center for "treatments" for robbing the American taxpayer...............Southforkwally
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: good points southforkwally. My simple theory is this. If a drug addict, left untreated by either rehab or the addictive drug, runs out of dope money, even though it is taking food from the mouths of their babies-- they have been "cut off" for a positive piss test, next they will rob my house, steal my car, take my purse and very likely get shot at. If my .25 cents per day or nickel per hour or whatever it adds up to now goes to prevent that, go ahead and deduct it. Just make the addict or even casual drug user work to earn their benefits, serving somewhere in a capable capacity. Most are functional members of society, just force them into it.
Just my opinions. ;;)
Happy camper and happy boater!!

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”