Place Settings & Gifts or Political Contributions?

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Jaybird
Better Member

Place Settings & Gifts or Political Contributions?

Post by Jaybird »

Place Settings & Party Gifts or Political Contributions?

Appearing now on the Obama 2012 website, Barack Obama’s campaign is officially asking people to forgo wedding or birthday gifts and donate to his campaign instead. A post on the Obama/Biden 2012 website rolled out the "Obama Event Registry", which asks anyone with an upcoming birthday, wedding, or anniversary to "support the President on your big day" by asking for donation money in lieu of a gift. The website features the following:

“Got a birthday, anniversary, or wedding coming up? Let your friends know how important this election is to you—register with Obama 2012, and ask for a donation in lieu of a gift. It’s a great way to support the President on your big day. Plus, it’s a gift that we can all appreciate—and goes a lot further than a gravy bowl."

It goes on to say:

"Got a special milestone or event coming up? Instead of another gift card you'll forget to use, ask your friends and family for something that will go a little further: a donation for Obama for America."

And they even provide suggested language to use when soliciting campaign cash.

"For my big day, I'd like to show my support for a cause I believe in — re-electing President Obama. That's why I'm asking my friends and family to donate to the Obama campaign. Thanks for chipping in!"

The reason Obama has stooped to such tactics is that he’s struggling to keep pace with Mitt Romney, who raised $106 million in June compared to Obama’s $71 million. This follows May totals where Romney, along with the Republican National Committee raised $76.8 million compared to the $60 million taken in by Obama and the Democratic National Committee. After being outraised by 28% and $17 million in May, Obama fell even further behind in June, being outraised by 49% and by $35million.

Donor support for Obama has dropped off a cliff compared to 2008. According to the Weekly Standard, 88 percent of the people who gave $200 or more to Obama in 2008 — 537,806 people — have not yet contributed that amount this year. ALSO, in the 18 hours after Obamacare was upheld, 47,000 people gave $4.6 million dollars to Romney’s campaign.

The Romney campaign and the RNC finished June with around $160 million cash on hand. The Obama campaign raised $71 million in June after finishing May with $109 million in cash on hand, a total of $180 million. Most estimates have the Obama campaign spending more than $60 million in June, meaning that Obama is likely more than $40 million behind Romney entering July.

In July so far, Romney and his allies are spending nearly twice as much on television ads. All told, the Republican groups are spending $19.1 million this week in advertisements in nine battleground states, while the Obama campaign and others are spending $10.7 million this week in 15 states. Republicans are spending more than Democrats this week in Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia. Obama's campaign is only outspending Republicans in one state, Pennsylvania.

The Obama campaign’s fixed expenses are also extremely high. With 700 employees, the campaign spends millions each month in staff alone. In fact, at earlier points during this campaign, nearly half of Obama’s spending was directed towards administrative expenses — a reflection of a campaign infrastructure that was shaped during a period when they were anticipating raising more than $1 billion for the race.

If this fundraising gap keeps up, and if as it looks now Obama needs to play defense in states where he never imagined he’d need to (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, and others), his campaign may wind up in serious jeopardy come the late stages of this race.

A repeat of Obama’s comments for you business owners.
"There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back. They know they didn't -- look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

"If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen."
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Place Settings & Gifts or Political Contributions?

Post by E_ »

Its also a good way for your friends to know you are an idiot! LMAO!! :D
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Place Settings & Gifts or Political Contributions?

Post by katie »

WOW!!! This is stooping right down there with doing a "Blacks for Obama" video!! :-o :-o :-o

Must be getting the picture??? Dems gone too far??? :-B
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”