Good Ol' Bill Clinton

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Jaybird
Better Member

Good Ol' Bill Clinton

Post by Jaybird »

Let see if I have this straight......
Former President Bill Clinton who lied to his own wife, was convicted of perjury, disbarred from practicing law in his home state, an admitted (finally) philanderer and who "never had sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky" is giving testimonials for Barrack Obama's character and intentions.

Is this a great country or what!?

AND , don't forget, He was impeached but got away from it. The House of Representatives voted to impeach but the Senate acquitted him by a margin of just 17 votes.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Good Ol' Bill Clinton

Post by E_ »

Yep, that about sums it up
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Yup, pretty amazing isn't it!
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

Oh but he presided over the biggest booming economy, remember? How easily they (dems) forget about the tech bubble that burst sending us into a mild recession....I've never understood how he could be so popular. I only appreciated the welfare reform that was legislated right into his lap to sign, and the soap-opera drama was kinda entertaining, lol....
Happy camper and happy boater!!
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Did you know he was the only Dem they could find to run against George Herbert? All of them thought Bush was a lock to re-elect. So they threw that Arkansas idiot in the ring and somehow he won.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

He won because a lot of us voted for Ross Perot, splitting the popular vote, thus we got the less popular Clinton.
JLA

Post by JLA »

I voted for Ross as well. When you have a country with economic issues like we have, you need someone who knows about business, not community organizing. If my business was in financial distress, I'd want someone who had successful experience in business to help me out. This isn't rocket science.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

MarineAssist wrote:He won because a lot of us voted for Ross Perot, splitting the popular vote, thus we got the less popular Clinton.

I agree, absolutely! :| That's the problem with "write-ins", it will sometimes backfire on you.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Marine Assist it is going to happen again. They want a third party, looks like Ron Paul. He should back out and let the cards fall, we might have a chance.

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”