Romney declares he is not qualified to be president!

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Romney declares he is not qualified to be president!

Post by imaposer »

Whoops. =))
"I don’t pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don’t think I’d be qualified to become president. I’d think people would want me to follow the law and pay only what the tax code requires."
link

And then he released his tax forms showing he did pay significantly more than he had to:
The Romneys’ generous charitable donations in 2011 would have significantly reduced their tax obligation for the year. The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the Governor’s statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13% in income taxes in each of the last 10 years.
link

Way to go, Mitt. L-)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Romney declares he is not qualified to be president!

Post by E_ »

lol, shup! :P
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

Wtf. :-w :-? [-( :ymsigh: (-| :-$ :-o :-\ ;) :D 8-} 8-|
Happy camper and happy boater!!
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

Personally, I am more concerned about how he would run America, not in the money he has or how much in taxes he paid. Although from what I read in the Enquirer today it was a little over 14% and almost 2 million dollars for 2011. He historically gives approximately 30% to his church, about 4 million. It is always brought up by his opponents trying to make us peons feel animosity toward the rich or him out of touch. The way I figure, he worked for it unlike some that got it the old fashion way, given to them. :-?

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”