This is why we need 'voter ID' laws!

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

This is why we need 'voter ID' laws!

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Florida officials find 198 non-citizens on voter rolls

So what's the big deal about showing ID to register to vote, or at the polling booth?

Florida officially renewed its hunt for ineligible voters on Wednesday, sending a new list of 198 people suspected of being non-U.S. citizens to county election officials and asking them to start the process to remove them from the rolls.

This new list is a far cry from the more than 2,600 registered voters that state election officials once targeted -- but Republican Gov. Rick Scott and others have defended the continued effort.

"I have not talked to one Floridian who says I want my vote diluted by somebody who has never had a right to vote in my state," Scott said last week. "We are doing absolutely the right thing. We believe in honest and fair elections."

It's not clear, however, if the latest effort by the state will result in voters being removed from the rolls prior to this year's presidential election. Florida is a key swing state, and voting rights groups have criticized the purge as a way of discouraging legal immigrants and minorities from casting ballots.

Under the process that election supervisors will use, they will send out letters to those suspected of being non-citizens. In some cases it could take up to 60 days before the voters are eventually removed from the rolls.

"It's going to take a while," said Susan Bucher, the Palm Beach County elections supervisor, who was sent the names of 14 voters suspected of being ineligible. "It lands us after Election Day."

It was Scott who last year first pushed to have the state look for non-U.S. citizens on the rolls. The state initially compared a list of driver's licenses with voter registration data and came up with a potential list of 180,000 voters suspected of not being citizens.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09 ... z27fmVxsyh
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: This is why we need 'voter ID' laws!

Post by E_ »

Cause the liberals think they might lose without the illegal votes, that is what the big deal is. IMO
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

This just totally amazes me.... voting without proof of ID. Hell, I am 58 yrs old and in IN, I still have to show my ID to buy a drink! I say no ID, no vote! :ymsigh:

Maybe they are afraid they will lose these voters.... X(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvT ... dded#t=13s
(could not figure this one out....)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Why do you think Obummer gave all those folks a free ride this year. Bought them votes! he gives phones, food, housing, free schooling, FREE EVERYTHING> Why would anybody not want to keep his Muslim a$$ in office?
JLA

Post by JLA »

Time to make sure my passport is up to date. May have to make a run for the border in November. God help us!
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”