Did y'all know this?

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Did y'all know this?

Post by Nervous Wreck »

Republican Rep. Darrell Issa has threatened to subpoena the Department of Health and Human Services if it does not turn over documents by Thursday on a program he claims is being used to "buy" the election by hiding the effects of ObamaCare.

Issa, the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, made his demands in a letter late Wednesday to Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. His office effectively is accusing the department of stringing them along in their months-old request for documents about an $8 billion program that pays bonuses to Medicare Advantage plans.

"Your staff has run out of excuses and the long delay in providing these documents is inexcusable," Issa wrote, in the letter obtained by FoxNews.com.
snip:

The congressman further says the effects of ObamaCare's $200 billion in Medicare Advantage cuts over the next decade would have been felt starting this week -- if not for the bonus payments. Thanks to them, he wrote in an August letter, the project offsets 71 percent of the cuts this year.

read it all:

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10 ... z29fX1xNBb
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Did y'all know this?

Post by E_ »

business as usual. :(
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

I AM SO BURNT OUT ON OBAMA, OBAMACARE, OBAMA THIS AND OBAMA THAT.... God help us if he is reelected. X(
Happy camper and happy boater!!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Soak-up-the-Sun wrote:I AM SO BURNT OUT ON OBAMA, OBAMACARE, OBAMA THIS AND OBAMA THAT.... God help us if he is reelected. X(

That makes two of us Soak-up-the-Sun! :-s :ymsick:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”