organic food

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nebrios

organic food

Post by Nebrios »

http://www.cornucopia.org/wp-content/up ... ic2013.jpg

I put this in the political section since the big companies are all lobbyist for gmo foods...but its nice to know when you goto a grocery store with a health food section labeled organic ,natural, and so on...that your being lied to. One that's not on there is the simple and simply brand at Kroger...totally bogus....
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: organic food

Post by E_ »

:-( all too true
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

I don't understand your point. That chart is showing ownership and partnerships between brands. It looks to me all those big corporations saw a market, and has been buying in to it by buying smaller companies that are already established in that market. I don't see anything that would lead me to believe that the organic labeled products are actually just rebadged GMO items from the parent company. Isn't that what you are insinuating?
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

Krogers explanation on their simple line -

Our Customers told us that they were interested in buying organic items as well as products that had “cleaner” ingredient statements. Simple Truth Organic® provides easy-to-read ingredient statements, and Simple Truth Organic® products are USDA organic certified. This gives our Customers a clear choice.

If you’re looking to “go organic,” Simple Truth Organic® is making it easier than ever by offering many certified organic options throughout the grocery store. You’ll find Simple Truth Organic in the produce section, of course — but also look for Simple Truth Organic in dairy, meat, snacks and many other aisles in the Kroger Co. Family of Stores.

What does “certified organic” mean?

Organically produced foods must be produced without the use of synthetic fertilizers, genetic engineering, sewage sludge or irradiation.
Organic foods are free from artificial preservatives.
National organic standards require that organic growers and handlers be certified by third-party agencies, state or private, or other organizations that are accredited by the USDA.

Different foods have to meet different standards in order to be certified as organic:

Organic crops: Irradiation, sewage sludge, synthetic fertilizers, prohibited pesticides and genetically modified organisms may not be used.
Organic livestock: Producers must meet animal health and welfare standards, may not use antibiotics or growth hormones, must use 100% organic feed, and must provide animals with access to the outdoors.
Organic multi-ingredient foods: These products contain 95% or more certified organic content. If the label claims that it was made with specified organic ingredients, those specific ingredients must also be certified organic.

Are you saying they are lying about this? Any evidence to back that up? Or are you just assuming they can't actually have GMO and non GMO suppliers?
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Last I checked,a few weeks ago, there was a lawsuit about the simply juice brand....in a nutshell they use a complex alogorythim for the seasonal taste of their juices....added flavoring. Preservatives haven't been found yet,but they do put the juice into a holding tank and remove all oxygen from the juice...the vitamin content is also questionable. When you see concentrated the juices have been cooked and held at a temp to preserve them till packaging,cooking the vitamins and other beneficial natural out of it.

As for the chart,it was to show who owns what...in the last 5 to 10 years the giants of processing have bought and exploited most of the natural and organic industry...using their legal teams to work all the loopholes...so yes in my opinion if its on that chart its not organic or natural. Just google Monsanto and their gmo's and go from there. it will snowball into lobbying,roundup proof lawsuits on organic soybean farmers,the ecoli bacteria they use to engineer their plant genes,all the way down to the latest super bugs that are now resistant to antibiotics and even to the soon to be extinction of the honeybee. How do I know? In 2006 I had multiple issues with my digestive system...once diagnosed with crohns . 9 upper and lower GI's,multiple blood draws sent to mayo clinic and 3 yrs later I was told I had allergies to numerous preservatives. 18 total. In 2006 the food industry revamped their preservatives , going to new ones. Just so happens that the FDA is allowing the industry now to rename all the preservatives, why? Something to hide?
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

I think only 10% of crops are non gmo thus where are these large corps getting their product?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

E_ wrote:I think only 10% of crops are non gmo thus where are these large corps getting their product?
and if you read the UN's Agenda 21 you'll see how that 10% will be reduced to 0%.

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”