So much for protect and serve....

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Try to stay fact based and back up your facts with a reputable source. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nebrios

So much for protect and serve....

Post by Nebrios »

X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
So troubling.....
JLA

Re: So much for protect and serve....

Post by JLA »

Excellent ONE SIDED video. While every line of work has its "bad apples' you have managed to show the cream of the crop of corruption. What is missing from most of those videos is the actual conversations between law enforcement and all these poor people. I'm sure they were all completely responsive to everything asked of them by the police, and none of them had any reason to even be questioned by the police. What an outrage!! =))

Give me a break. Perhaps before we condemn all law enforcement, we should walk a mile in their shoes, or at least ride along for a shift or two. Yes, some are on a power trip, but over all, 99% of the cops on the beat are doing their jobs without incident. Think about how many times across the nation someone has an encounter with law enforcement and there isn't video of the incident, because there is nothing to see. The video (corruption) represents such a small percentage that it is statistically insignificant. But good videos don't sell papers (does anyone read papers anymore?) or boost ratings.

Most of my friends are in law enforcement and I have done ride-a-longs, enrolled in a citizens police academy, and have trained as the "bad guy" with several departments and the local S.W.A.T. team. I was the "shooter" in a school, a "drunk driver" with a gun in my lap during a traffic stop, and held hostages in a workplace environment, to name a few of the scenes we did. Even with all this involvement, I don't claim to have any idea what it is like to be a law enforcement officer. Every moment of contact with the public could turn deadly in a second. When a threat is identified, that/those officer(s) have to do everything in their power to control and eliminate that threat. The days of respect for authority are gone, and most of the bad guys are better armed than the cops.

People like to take videos like this and belittle the police, and yet when the $hit hits the fan who do you call? That's right the POLICE.

Thank You to all law enforcement for all you do.
Some days I'm the baby, some days I'm the diaper........
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

Bad apples....yes...and since we dont know what was said or done to get cuffed, that makes it ok to use excessive force while cuffed....give me a break. Uh yea...ive participated in some of the things you have to....oh and I also have buddies that are those guys too...oh the stories they tell of how slick they are of the things they do. thing is these arent the cream of the crop..
DMS

Post by DMS »

Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

And you had to go and throw the cream of the top good apple in and mess up my mojo.... ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Yin and yang
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

E_ wrote:Yin and yang
That was a foreign term...couldn't ya come up with an American one.... :D
JLA

Post by JLA »

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

Post by E_ »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/co ... 28011.html

Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

Incident occurred while firefighters were treating crash victims

Good thing it was caught on camera, or it would be tough to believe: A California Highway Patrol officer put an on-duty Chula Vista firefighter in handcuffs for refusing to move his truck while tending to victims of a car crash.

As he was being handcuffed on the side of the 805 Freeway near Orange County, the firefighter, 12-year veteran Jacob Gregoire, told reporters who had gathered, "I just want to let you all know he’s arresting me."

Later, according to CBS News 8, Gregoire told the arresting officer, whose name has not been released, "It’s unbelievable you guys have to treat us like this. We are trying to help you guys."

The officer replied, "We asked you to clear the road, you said ‘No.’ You are being arrested for not moving."

Gregoire was reportedly detained in the back of a highway patrol car for several minutes before being released. He was not charged.

Chula Vista Fire Chief Dave Hanneman told CBS, "To detain one of our firefighters in the middle of an incident is ridiculous."

In a statement, Hanneman praised the firefighters for doing what they were trained to do — protecting the scene of an accident with their trucks.

Hanneman told the San Diego Union-Tribune, "The CHP is going to investigate. I think a lot of this had to do with communication."

The Union-Tribune reports the car accident resulted in two injuries. One person was hospitalized.

The two sides have since made peace. In a joint statement, representatives from the police and fire departments announced this was an "isolated incident and not representative of the manner in which our agencies normally work together toward our common goal," CBS Los Angeles reported.

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

I have never understood the ego trip mentality that can exist between groups. :ymsigh:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Nebrios

Post by Nebrios »

I dont think its an ego thing. Its the current orwellian police state we are in..and its only gonna get worse.
JLA

Post by JLA »

Police & Fire are always going to be at odds in small cities and towns. They are, after all, competing for the same small available budget dollars. Each department is going to continue to need equipment and personnel. I have seen this happen at several cities that I have dealt with.

With that said, this was a complete joke and that cop should be disciplined.
Soak-up-the-Sun
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by Soak-up-the-Sun »

I personally have never met a "bad cop". Only a few loud or rude ones. Then again, never been in the position of nor the environment requiring urgent police action. The loud or rude ones were handling very drunk people in public. Glad they were there or I would have had to deal with them or step over them on Beale or Bourbon, or wherever the alcohol flowed too freely, lol-- it's all about the environment you find yourself in. Either you become less effected and immune to the emotional aspects of people being arrested, or you come across SOOOO many thugs and criminals as a police officer that you recognize where the trouble is and laws broken....I'll bet that many cops have arrested the same persons over and over that they know if they have warrants as soon as they spot them.
Happy camper and happy boater!!

Return to “Dare we speak politics?”