Talk about a game!!!

PLAY NICE! No ATTACKS on anyone or any religion. Do not temp the Mod Squad as no attacks on other users or threats of any type will be tolerated. Any post in this forum could be deleted or edited. Read at your own risk. No complaining on what may happen.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Talk about a game!!!

Post by LC addict »

Talk about the trip to Columbia from L'ville being worth my drive last night! What can I say...I am a proud mom! :D

To summarize:

Lindsey Wilson scored five runs in the bottom of the sixth; four of those came off the bat of sophomore first baseman Kelly McCarty. McCarty hit a grand slam to deep centerfield making the score 11-0 and ending the game. :ymapplause:

Full article
COLUMBIA, Ky. -- Sophomore pitcher Olivia Holland threw six perfect innings to lead Lindsey Wilson to an 11-0 victory in game one against Brescia (Ky.) University. The Blue Raiders won the nightcap 5-1 to complete a sweep of the Bearcats tonight at Joe Johnson Field.

Holland (1-3) needed only 53 pitches to sit down the 21 batters she faced. Holland struck out three batters and allowed zero balls to be hit out of the infield.

Senior catcher Whitney Mink led the Blue Raider offense in the first inning with a three run double. In addition to her three RBIs Mink reached base three times, scored twice and stole two bases.

Lindsey Wilson scored five runs in the bottom of the sixth; four of those came off the bat of sophomore first baseman Kelly McCarty. McCarty hit a grand slam to deep centerfield making the score 11-0 and ending the game.

In the nightcap sophomore pitcher Emillee Bush improved to 2-0 on the season throwing a complete game three-hitter. Bush allowed only one run over the seven frames.

The Blue Raiders broke out in the bottom of the fifth inning scoring three runs. Two of those runs were produced by sophomore shortstop Jamie Williams who tripled into right centerfield. The triple stretched the Lindsey Wilson lead to 5-1 and Bush finished the rest.

Lindsey Wilson improves to 3-5 on the season while Brescia falls to 0-2.

Lindsey Wilson returns to action at 2 p.m. CT on Tuesday, March 3, as the Blue Raiders host Georgetown (Ky.) College in a doubleheader at Joe Johnson Field.

Click Here for the game one box score.

Click Here for the game two box score
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Talk about a game!!!

Post by katie »

Lindsey Wilson scored five runs in the bottom of the sixth; four of those came off the bat of sophomore first baseman Kelly McCarty. McCarty hit a grand slam to deep centerfield making the score 11-0 and ending the game.

:ymapplause: :D :ymapplause: WOW, that's awesome suz! Please pass along our "yeee haws" to her! :ymcowboy: :ymapplause:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

katie wrote:Lindsey Wilson scored five runs in the bottom of the sixth; four of those came off the bat of sophomore first baseman Kelly McCarty. McCarty hit a grand slam to deep centerfield making the score 11-0 and ending the game.

:ymapplause: :D :ymapplause: WOW, that's awesome suz! Please pass along our "yeee haws" to her! :ymcowboy: :ymapplause:
Will do! Im having some of the team over Saturday for a winter cook out to celebrate :ymparty:
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:ymparty: How fun, I am green with envy right now!!!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

WOW! :ymapplause:
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

katie wrote::ymparty: How fun, I am green with envy right now!!!
Well come on down and join us! You know where we are!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

That's terrific! :ymapplause: Must be all the good "stuff" she got from her mom! :D
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

re3too wrote:That's terrific! :ymapplause: Must be all the good "stuff" she got from her mom! :D
Yeah, her dad said she put the "Seng" (my maiden name) butt behind it, lol

She hit another HR the next wknd, almost had back to back HR's but somehow that girl from WV jumped up at the fence and caught one of them.... great play, even if I would have rather seen her miss it...

Im ready for this wknd!!!!

Return to “Sports”