Hey WW

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

crwky

Hey WW

Post by crwky »

I noticed you were doing a little boat shopping Saturday while at SD. Did you find anything you could not live without? ;) ;)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Hey WW

Post by $parechange »

Chris, that new boat of yours is very nice. Congrats.
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

Well why didn't ya say HI crwky, I would have loved to have met ya. I was supposed to meet Ken Vance on State Dock during the forum party and looked at another boat but we didn't get together. Unfortunately, there are a few I can't live without. But honestly, the used boats are as high as the new ones right now and I'm slowly realizing why not spend a little more and go new. Currently, looking at Sharpe and Horizon. Don't know what to do. Would like to hear opinions if anybody has any. :-\
I would loved to have asked you about your Sharpe. They got a nice one 2009 18x86 on their lot now that they are willing to make someone a super deal on. I don't like the stripes outside (looks like a d@mn zebra) and fiance' doesn't like some of the decorations but for the right price I can get over a whole lot. :) It has the shark fins arches too and as you may remember that's not my particular favorite style but they could grow on me. B-)

Big difference right now is Ray at Horizon will take my old boat as a trade in, that's a bunch of extra money I won't have to borrow. Going with the Sharpe I will have to sell it on my own and that will take a year or two of extra slip fees, insurance, taxes, etc etc.

I would love to hear opinions. :)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

well imo if the trade $ and the new cost $ are fair and the quality and specs are about the same the one that allowed the trade would have my vote any day. Slips fees for a year alone would pay for a new paint job and another year would cover decorations... ;-) Not to mention taxes...

...but you better ask a good accountant. =))
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

E_HILLMAN wrote:well imo if the trade $ and the new cost $ are fair and the quality and specs are about the same the one that allowed the trade would have my vote any day. Slips fees for a year alone would pay for a new paint job and another year would cover decorations... ;-) Not to mention taxes...

...but you better ask a good accountant. =))
That's what I'm thinking E.
Plus, don't forget to add another $1,000.00 per month LESS in principal and interest payments to that total either. I would have to borrow at least $150,000 more if I tried to sell the old girl myself. Monthly payments will be 1/2.

I quit worrying about what my accountant says a long time ago. I just worry about what my banker and the IRS say now and that has worked a lot better. :(( :)) :(( :)) I don't know whether to laugh or cry about that.
Last edited by WaterWings on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crwky

Post by crwky »

WW, Ken was looking for you earlier in the day. He was on the dock asking if you were around. The reason I was giving you a hard time is I noticed you going into the new Throughbread Sat. night on one of my trips up the dock. B-) I missed a lot of people, I had my hands full keeping up with a 4 year old that was all over the place. She likes a stage and loves to dance. Islander kept giving her beads who knows where they had been. =))
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

crwky wrote:WW, Ken was looking for you earlier in the day. He was on the dock asking if you were around. The reason I was giving you a hard time is I noticed you going into the new Throughbread Sat. night on one of my trips up the dock. B-) I missed a lot of people, I had my hands full keeping up with a 4 year old that was all over the place. She likes a stage and loves to dance. Islander kept giving her beads who knows where they had been. =))
I saw her on the stage Saturday night. Wish I had that kind of energy. =)) =))

Yeah, I would like to have seen where those beads came from first. =)) You can't be too careful.

Return to “General Talk”