Polar Plunge Feb.27 (with pics)

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Polar Plunge Feb.27 (with pics)

Post by Pac22 »

So who is going? Also who is staying, and who is tucking their tail and running home? :p
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Polar Plunge Feb.27

Post by E_ »

Heck I MIGHT go but I will do my best. Nope scratch that... I WILL BE on mUCH better behavior. :ymblushing:
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

_____ wrote:So who is going? Also who is staying, and who is tucking their tail and running home? :p
___

We're going down Friday afternoon and staying untill Sunday. We will likely stay at the lodge or a cabin at Lee's Ford. Any one want to share one? A cabin that is... We'll be a jumpin' and a drinkin'!

Craig
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:I WILL BE on mUCH better behavior. :ymblushing:
Obviously you haven't been to a plunge. There is no such thing as being on best behavior :ymdevil:
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

VERY TRUE, ___!!

We should be there since rockinrod and I both only live about 5 miles from there by road and about 1 mile as the crow flies. :D Someone wanna pick us up on the shore? :D

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Islander_212 wrote:
_____ wrote:So who is going? Also who is staying, and who is tucking their tail and running home? :p
___

We're going down Friday afternoon and staying untill Sunday. We will likely stay at the lodge or a cabin at Lee's Ford. Any one want to share one? A cabin that is... We'll be a jumpin' and a drinkin'!

Craig
Is there an after party at the marina? I know Velvetta Jones isn't playing this yr.
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

_____ wrote:
Is there an after party at the marina? I know Velvetta Jones isn't playing this yr.
___

I believe another band is playing, but don't hold me to that. I am sure RR can clue us in.

Craig
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

Yeah. There's a band playing.

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Kevin and Robin - Faubush Hill are playing.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

How late are they playing?
Last edited by Pac22 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

How late is the band playing? I may have to swing in and pay a visit.
RELAX
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina where the water is clear and the people real friendly!

Post by RELAX »

AquaBrit and I will be there as usual.

We have tickets to see REO Speed Wagon in da-ville Friday night, so looks like a party fest for the last week in February :)
rockinrod7
Marina/Ramp: Cumberland Point

Post by rockinrod7 »

HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!

Sorry but I don't venture over here a lot. Need to fix that but to be honest I just don't care for one of the moderators (fasterthanYou) so I just avoid this place. :D :D :D :D :D Just kidding Jim. Though we are having another get together tonight so you better head on over. If this blizzard scares you too much to drive that long mile call me and I will send my wife after you guys. =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Anyway to be serious for a minute.

Don't want to get into a lot of discussion about it but long story short most of you know LFM has been giving us the shaft and plenty of headaches for some time now. They have a new manager in place and rest assured Jackie is doing everything she can to fix this even has went as far as securing us a VERY sizable donation from JD on behalf of LFM.

Stay tuned for further details as we are in the process of putting some packages together like we did the first year. Hope to have information about this either late today or first thing Monday morning. I hope everyone can remember that this event is to better SOKY and if I can keep my personal feelings in check towards LFM than surely you can do the same and lets make this the BEST PLUNGE EVER!!!!!

I don't know all the rules here so I won't mention any other sites but a certain team many of you have been a part of for some time better step up to the plate if we're going to retain that team crown. I know everyone will do everything they can to raise as much money as they can but WE ARE WAYYYYYYYYyyyyy behind in team size. TRUST ME on this!!!!! We HAVE TO get to work guys!!!!!! B-)
Voting for Obama and his tax theories are comparable to a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders......Good luck everyone. :(
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

Also stay tuned as far as the post plunge Party is concerned still are trying to iron a few things out with both Faubush Hill and Lees Ford.

We WILL BE having a "unofficial" get together at our place on that Friday night. We will be cooking dinner at around 6 for the staff, committee members, and volunteers with Rockinrod's Bar and Grill opening at around 7:30. All are invited to attend. Please let us know if you are able to attend so we can keep a rough headcount for food purposes. Also BYOB.
Voting for Obama and his tax theories are comparable to a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders......Good luck everyone. :(
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

rockinrod7 wrote:Also stay tuned as far as the post plunge Party is concerned still are trying to iron a few things out with both Faubush Hill and Lees Ford.

We WILL BE having a "unofficial" get together at our place on that Friday night. We will be cooking dinner at around 6 for the staff, committee members, and volunteers with Rockinrod's Bar and Grill opening at around 7:30. All are invited to attend. Please let us know if you are able to attend so we can keep a rough headcount for food purposes. Also BYOB.
RR, we'll be there! It will be Kimberly, Ryan and I. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Craig
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

RELAX wrote:AquaBrit and I will be there as usual.

We have tickets to see REO Speed Wagon in da-ville Friday night, so looks like a party fest for the last week in February :)
RELAX

Awesome, make sure Elizabeth has some time to entertain me. For all of you "pervs" out there I mean to just tell me a story or two. I can listen to her talk all night long! By the way, your gloves are on their way home! They went out this morning.

Craig
RELAX
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina where the water is clear and the people real friendly!

Post by RELAX »

Thanks Craig for the expidicious service on the gloves. :ymhug:

Just to warn you, you need to be carefull what you ask for with AquaBrit. She has a tendency to be quite reserved at first, but after you get her a goin you better be ready for some wild stories. :D

Her family worked very hard and played hard too and she has been to places alot of people only dream of going to. :-$

Rocknrod,

Looking forward to this years event, especially the apr'e plunge party! We will be coming down,post concert, from the ville the night of your party sorry not to make it. Been wanting to see your new crib anyways!

Oh and by the way Rodney you caint be postin pictures of big crappie without more details and locations [-( (geeze)
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

RELAX wrote:Thanks Craig for the expidicious service on the gloves. :ymhug:

Just to warn you, you need to be carefull what you ask for with AquaBrit. She has a tendency to be quite reserved at first, but after you get her a goin you better be ready for some wild stories. :D

Her family worked very hard and played hard too and she has been to places alot of people only dream of going to. :-$

Rocknrod,

Looking forward to this years event, especially the apr'e plunge party! We will be coming down,post concert, from the ville the night of your party sorry not to make it. Been wanting to see your new crib anyways!

Oh and by the way Rodney you caint be postin pictures of big crappie without more details and locations [-( (geeze)
You're welcome on the gloves!

Reserved? I must have missed that part as I thought we went straight into goin'! That's what I am talking about. The experiences she was telling us about last weekend are what have me hooked! I love wild stories, especially from someone who knows how to talk!

Looking forward to the plunge!

Craig
RELAX
Better Member

Post by RELAX »

Folk round here would say "she was vaccinated with a phonograph needle" :D ;;)
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

Rodney,

Please donate the money I won from you on the UK/Vandy win plus my poker winnings Friday night. There will be more coming your way. :D

rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

FasterThanYou wrote:Rodney,

Please donate the money I won from you on the UK/Vandy win plus my poker winnings Friday night. There will be more coming your way. :D

$30 heading towards SOKY thanks to Vandy's terrible play. =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

Ok still waiting on a "official" price list for the cottages but LFM is going to make them available for a discounted rate with a 2 night minimum. Please call Kim @ 606-636-6426 ext 222 to reserve them today. DO NOT CALL the front desk or reservations. If you do you are on your own.. lol

Also this years Unofficial Post Plunge Party will begin at 7pm and will be hosted by Faubush Hill. We will again be charging a $10 cover charge to EVERYONE in that part of the restaurant with all money being raised to go to SOKY. And like in years past don't think your going to sneak in there at 5:30 and just stay for the band because I WILL FIND YOU and YOU WILL pay or....well let's just leave that blank. B-) B-) B-) B-)

Also this year we again will be having the raffle drawing for the Gatlinburg trip that is being donated by Clear Channel Radio. Once I see what it all entails I will pass that along but last year it was for 4 days 3 nights and included numerous show and entertainment tickets. Tickets will be $5 a piece or 5 for $20 with the winner being drawn sometime during one of Faubush Hill's sets.

One thing we will be doing a little different this year is having the pre-plunge registration at a different location. The Endzone (formerly Lakeside Pizza and Pub) will be hosting this and will go from 5-7:30pm on Friday night. You will be able to pre-register for the plunge or purchase raffle tickets at this time. They will have also have a band playing that night but I have no further information on who it is at this time.

Pretty late in the game but things finally are starting to fall together. NOW GET SIGNED UP AND START RAISING SOME MONEY!!!!!!! :ymhug: :D :ymhug: :D :ymhug: :D
Last edited by rockinrod7 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

rockinrod7 wrote: I don't know all the rules here so I won't mention any other sites but a certain team many of you have been a part of for some time better step up to the plate if we're going to retain that team crown. I know everyone will do everything they can to raise as much money as they can but WE ARE WAYYYYYYYYyyyyy behind in team size. TRUST ME on this!!!!! We HAVE TO get to work guys!!!!!! B-)
Well have you ever heard of the old saying "you shot yourself in the foot". Well that's kinda the way I feel about it. I will still be donating generously, as always, but I don't think I can support a team bearing the name of a site which treats its members the way they do. But that's the best part about it. The money all goes for the same cause no matter where/who you donate to. In other words, happy jumping and I wish you the best of luck reaching your goal. See you at the plunge. :D
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Hey Rockin, what's the rule about pets? We might bring the pup? By pup I mean a 5 month old 45lb Labradoodle. In fact, she might jump for me. :D

Also, is there a link to the site where donations can be made?
DMS

Post by DMS »

_____ wrote:Hey Rockin, what's the rule about pets? We might bring the pup? By pup I mean a 5 month old 45lb Labradoodle. In fact, she might jump for me. :D
SFW's hound sure wouldnt be scared...saw him jump in the Cumberland River 3 times last year, you can cool beer in that water in July.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Did you say cold beer? :ymapplause:
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

Ok here are the OFFICIAL cottage prices for the plunge. Remember there is a 2 night minimum. The reason for this is for the fact they aren't going to de-winterize a cabin for a 1 night rental.

2 Bedroom Cottage $75.00 plus tax
3 Bedroom Cottage $100.00 plus tax
4 Bedroom Cottage $125.00 plus tax (though these may already be gone)

Call Kim @ 606-636-6426 ext 222 to reserve
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

This is from their website ___ and as I check on your question I see they really didn't discount the cabins at all they are just making them available at the "offseason" rates. L-) L-) L-) L-) L-)

* Cottage 6 and Cottage 16 are pet friendly.
* A $100 charge will be required.
* There is a 30 lb weight restriction.
* Pet owner is responsible for waste removal.
* Pet MUST remain on a leash when outdoors.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Sweet, thanks dude. What are they gonna do, weigh my dog? Already have our 4 bedroom cabin reserved. Not sure what number it is.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

rockinrod7 wrote:I see they really didn't discount the cabins at all they are just making them available at the "offseason" rates.

Big surprise. I just don't get it. A chance to bring in big $$$ in the off season and they don't want to make a deal??? Typical of marina owners I guess. I say move it back to Jamestown next yr if at all possible.
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

Has anyone thought about giving State a try for this event or has that already been asked before and they werent interested?
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Can't speak for Rodney but it seems to me that it is much easier for him to organize this from Somerset and hold the event close to home. I'm sure he has lots of local connections in Pulaski County who are supportive. I imagine it would be a monumental job to have to try to get all that local support to move to another county. JMHO
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Just Chillin wrote:Has anyone thought about giving State a try for this event or has that already been asked before and they werent interested?
They would probably charge $20,000 to host it. =)) =)) =))
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

I beleive it''s hosted at Lee's Ford mostly due to a more central location and since Somerset has a larger population................................and drinks! :D

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

They did it at Jamestown and Jamestown from what I have been told screwed them even worse.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

#-o
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

All of the above is true. At the end of the day as far as I am concerned being located in Pulaski Co. is the best thing for the plunge. Who knows maybe next year something else will be tried but for now it is what it is. Some have expressed interest in moving it to State but here is the dilemma. First off right off the bat you lose the biggest radio group on the lake in Clear Channel. We have attempted to get them there in the past but to no avail. You also potentially stand to lose a large number of jumpers. It was at Jamestown for 3 years and it never got close to hitting a 100 jumpers. The money except for that 1 year was around 10,000 less etc, etc, etc..... My personal opinion is that the more centrally located and accessible that it is the better the chance for a bigger turnout which in turn hopefully raises more money. THAT IS MY ONLY CONCERN!!!!! There isn't a doubt in my mind that Bill and Co. would make sure this is a huge event and would make it a huge party and it would draw a few more people from the lake community. But this isn't nor will it ever be anyone's private party or event. This is a event for to raise money for SOKY. All the other hooplah surrounding it is just extra incentive to get people to participate. It is not anywhere near the top of my list as far as priorities nor do I care if we do anything other than the plunge. None of us have ever had a problem creating or having a party so that really isn't a issue. =)) =)) =)) =)) Anyway these are all my personal opinions on the matter and are not endorsed by SOKY. lol I know I have already ruffled feathers over it but that's just life. My main concern is the success of this event. PERIOD. There are 2 types of people in life. Those that help because they actually believe in SOKY and want it to continue then there are others.......(attempting to be politically correct :D )and we will just leave them as others. I choose to be one of the first individuals. If the event was held on Barren River, Laurel Lake, or a freaking pool in a parking lot somewhere I will still be there so what is stopping some of you??????? B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-)
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

It's like everything else in life......You guys will never know the half of what the committee goes through in the days leading up to this event. For those of you that have been around for a while there was another team that tried to muscle the plunge and that was the State Park bunch from the last year at Jamestown. They raised over 14k dollars and had almost 20 participants. But the "leader" of that bunch made 2 things perfectly clear. They were to be treated special and it had to stay located close to State Park. They refuse to this day to participate in any SOKY plunge. Care to know why? Because none of them are located close enough to a State Park Lodge in which they could get a free weekend vacation out of it. Well excuse the hell out of me. I thought you were here to support SOKY, not get a free vacation out of it thanks to my tax dollars. X( X( X( X( And on and on it goes...
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

Someone post the link - and Craig is Ryan jumping???
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

LC addict wrote:Someone post the link - and Craig is Ryan jumping???
Suzy, that is an affirmative! He is jumping!

Craig
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Thanks for the 411 Rod, I guess it LFM does not back you properly or help the event to suit people there is always Burnside and for that matter Waitsboro... ;)
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

Awwww heck, just do it at Woodson Bend. There's plenty of condos to be rented, a party room and a dock.

If not, we could just do it at the end of Slate Branch road and then all crash at Rodney's, ours, and re3's houses. LOL

LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Islander_212 wrote:

Craig
I told you at Cardinal Cafe I'd donate to him, send me the link...better send it quick before I spend all my money on my vacation! lol
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Suz, you can use the link posted on lc.com in the Polar Plunge thread. That's what I used.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

I have done a search on LC.com several times...when I put in polar plunge I get: Nothing for this year

The Lakes Community - lakecumberland.comThe 2009 Special Olympics Polar Bear Plunge on Lake Cumberland will be Sat. ..... While I personally think The Polar Plunge is a nutty event and the ...
lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20876&page=1

The Lakes Community - lakecumberland.comIn February, the Annual Polar Plunge event will be held (hopefully, at Lees Ford Marina -a great place for it). In recent years the weather has been cold ...
lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21672&page=1

The Lakes Community - lakecumberland.comIt looks like the weather will be appropriate for all the wimminfolk in bathing outfits and guys in bikinis on Saturday for the annual Polar Bear Plunge at ...
lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22879&page=1

The Lakes Community - lakecumberland.comPlease find a spot in your heart to find 5, 10, 20 or any amount to donate "The Lake Cumberland Polar Plunge"and help us to make this the best year yet. ...
lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22126&page=1

The Lakes Community - lakecumberland.comAvatar. Posts: 82. Registered: 8-4-2003. Location: Amelia,OH Member Is Offline Mood: Polar Plunge Coming Soon. [*] posted on 5-30-2007 at 07:16 PM ...
lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13772&page=1

The Lakes Community - lakecumberland.comThe 2010 Lake Cumberland Polar Bear Plunge will once again be held at Lees .... I already did the polar bear plunge. Our hot water heater went out last week ...
lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26429

The Lakes Community - lakecumberland.comCome out to Lee's Ford Saturday the 28th, and support the Polar Plunge for Special Olympics. Can't do that? Come to the post-Plunge Bash at the Harbor ...
lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22743

The Lakes Community - lakecumberland.comQuote: Originally posted by Pourme DJ and I have made a bet already. Loser donates $100 to the polar plunge. doesn't mean you can't place another wager! ...
lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15449&page=1

The Lakes Community - lakecumberland.com2009 Polar Plunge GT, you are correct that Gary is not up to Mermaid's or Big ... 2009 Polar Plunge Thank to all who have donated to Mr Beaches and myself. ...
lakecumberland.com/forum/misc.php?action=search&page=2...

The Lakes Community - lakecumberland.comThere was still ice floating around Lees Ford during the Polar Plunge in February of that year. And it may be that the shallower water in the creeks dip ...
lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26074&page=2
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

OOPs, now that i posted that I see 2010 at the bottom of the page.... I thought they were in date order
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

LC addict wrote:
Islander_212 wrote:

Craig
I told you at Cardinal Cafe I'd donate to him, send me the link...better send it quick before I spend all my money on my vacation! lol
Suzy

I see you found him!

Thanks!

Craig
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

Come on guys/gals. We are only a little over 2 weeks away and so far the money coming in is looking pretty shabby though definitely not as shabby as our team. :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:

Still plenty of time for you to either change your mind and participate or donate to your favorite plunger. B-) B-) B-) B-)

Link to team page: http://events.soky.org/site/TR/Events/P ... fr_id=1200

Link to mine: http://events.soky.org/site/TR/Events/P ... fr_id=1200
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

I think someone should definitely step up and take my place this year since I will not be able to jump or be there. I mean, it's only fair....right?! ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

At this point, it doesn't look good for picking up more jumpers BUT WHAT'S WRONG WITH MAKING A FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION? JMHO......
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

I still have another donation to make, but gonna wait until closer to the plunge to see who needs my $$$ most!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

rockinrod7 wrote:Come on guys/gals. We are only a little over 2 weeks away and so far the money coming in is looking pretty shabby though definitely not as shabby as our team. :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:

Still plenty of time for you to either change your mind and participate or donate to your favorite plunger. B-) B-) B-) B-)

Link to team page: http://events.soky.org/site/TR/Events/P ... fr_id=1200

Link to mine: http://events.soky.org/site/TR/Events/P ... fr_id=1200

Also there is the Faubush Team which has some of our Forum Members on it as well...

http://events.soky.org/site/TR/Events/P ... fr_id=1200

I'm thinkin next year to bring more people together maybe call one Lake Cumberland Forums and then maybe there could be more unity. There are some that have went under other names because of stuff in the past year.

It does seem that there are odd forces going against the plunge this year and I would hate to think that people would be that way on a personal grudge as eluded to in some posts here and on LC.com. In fact if anyone wants to blow them out of the water for their poser was I will not edit it but just make sure to show it is your opinion and not necessarily that of the site... lol

Anyway maybe it is the economy... Maybe there is not enough press or maybe there are other charities getting pushed now that could wait until later in the year that should take a sidebar until the plunge is over. (just sayin...)
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

well, my reasons for not jumping have nothing to do with "whichever site"....but if i was jumping it would be with who i have jumped with in the past and only because that is who i started with and rodney is a personal friend of mine. nothing else. i also think this cold cold winter may have made people think twice. when we have those warm winters seems like people forget how cold that water can be....LOL. and the economy has definitely taken a toll on people. it was hard last year and i think probably harder this year? whatever....i will still be donating and will miss seeing everyone and will miss the rewards of the process....but won't be missing that cold water. :-o
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

What bubble said... I joined RR's team because he asked me to... I think. I am at Lake Cumberland to have fun and those that are not there for that, I simply ignore! I have no time for crap. I do appreciate all those that have dontated in order to have me dunk myself in that icy cold water for a good cause. I have to jump at least four or five times (f allowed) based on my promise to jump for each person donating and there is still time left for more. Even ole E has me jumping one more time! Also if you're donating look for Matthew Wall as he is my 15 year old son on our team (who is jumping for his first time too) where I am listed as William. I know, it screws everyone up. I am cursed by using my middle name.

Later!

Craig
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

You just want us to give to Matthew so that you don't have more jumps... :p
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

I would LOVE TO get into this E but this is one of if not the only time that I do my best to bite my tongue. The way I look at it is if they can live with themselves so can I. ;) ;) ;) ;) Karma is a bitch and we are doing the best we can to have a record year WITHOUT them. ;) After all is said and done we have only lost 1 corporate sponsor (of past plunges) in Bluegrass Cellular and a slight reduction in another that has already been offset x4. :D

As far as number go this plunge is always a exception to general stereotypes of other plunges. Some years the internet is the main driving tool to sign up and raise money. Other years the internet falls way behind. So far this year there is 66 people already signed up online with $3,735 already PAID and doesn't include any of the corporate money yet. There are quite a few large and I MEAN large teams out there this year so we had our work cut out for us retaining the team crown anyway. Which is a GREAT thing. Oakwood has close to 20 with online commitments and those that haven't signed up yet. I know there are some including myself and E that don't like the company but Wal-Mart may be the biggest surprise yet. As of the last time I spoke with her and she was still working on 1 more; Wal-Mart ALREADY had 5 stores committed to participating with who knows how many participants(most of them so far choosing the Too Chicken side). So keeping my fingers crossed and staying with the power of positive thinking...... WE ARE GOING TO BUST EVERY RECORDS a$$ THIS YEAR!!!!!!!! With or without the usual presence of some of the online community though it would be just that much better if some would get past their issues and remember the reason for this event. :D :ymparty: :D :ymparty: :D :ymparty: :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Holy crap, Rodney! Every once in a while you go and say something that hints that you are human! Excellent post and hope others continue to pump this up! Once this is over I'll go back to jist calling you a butt! After all, we both have a reputation to uphold! ;) ;) :D :D :D :D
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

craig.....has ryan told jed that he is jumping? i know jed has been wanting to jump. maybe we can get him signed up in my place?
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

bubbles wrote:craig.....has ryan told jed that he is jumping? i know jed has been wanting to jump. maybe we can get him signed up in my place?
Karen

I am not sure. I will find out... if they ever go back to school! I'll have him call and find out. I am sure we can get him signed up.

Craig
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Hey, Islander! I put some money toward Ryan instead of you so you don't have to jump another time! See what a great person I am? O:-) Not like that stinky ole E! :D
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

re3too wrote:Hey, Islander! I put some money toward Ryan instead of you so you don't have to jump another time! See what a great person I am? O:-) Not like that stinky ole E! :D
re3too

Great! I'll let him know. It is greatly appreciated and we are looking forward to the event. I do appreciated you thinking of me and not having me to jump one more time. I'll do it though if more donations come in. You could be right ole' E!

Craig
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

Ok all you procrastinators!!!!!! The plunge is only a week away. EITHER SIGN UP or DONATE today!!!!!!!!!!!

http://events.soky.org/site/TR/Events/P ... fr_id=1200
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Check :)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

Got it taken care of. And you better donate the cash I gave you from my winnings I gave you. That's $10 in poker winnings (woulda been more but Steve beat me) and $20 from the UK/Vandy game. Oh yeah, I'll need a receipt too. :D :D :D :D

re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

FasterThanYou wrote: Oh yeah, I'll need a receipt too. :D :D :D :D
Uh, umm...it's in the mail! =)) =)) =))
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

Did my part. Now yall manage to have fun without me this wknd....LOL!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

bubbles wrote:Now yall manage to have fun without me this wknd....LOL!
That might be hard to do but we'll give it a shot. :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Don't wanna start no twuble....but iffin ___'s sorry butt doesn't end up in the lake this weekend, somebody's slackin'! :D :D :D :-*
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

They have yet to recruit anyone who is quick enough to catch me. Besides, I plan on getting some good video with my new camera this yr. So if it gets ruined, someone will have to answer to Kasie since she gave me the camera for x-mas. And yes, it's staying glued to my hand. :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Typical chicken chit hidin' behind the fear of your wife! =)) :ymdevil:
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

re3too wrote:Typical chicken chit hidin' behind the fear of your wife! =)) :ymdevil:
chicken chit? or smart? :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

You know I'm gonna go with chicken chit! #-o #-o
rockinrod7

Post by rockinrod7 »

Shoot he isn't afraid of her. :)) :)) :))
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

rockinrod7 wrote:Shoot he isn't afraid of her. :)) :)) :))
Then he really is dumber than I thought! :D :ymdevil:
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

re3too wrote:
rockinrod7 wrote:Shoot he isn't afraid of her. :)) :)) :))
Then he really is dumber than I thought! :D :ymdevil:

But still, much smarter than you could imagine. ;) After 12yrs I must be doing something right. B-)

Return to “General Talk”