Can't show Patriotism at "Lincoln Memorial"!!!!!

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

katie
MASTER MEMBER

Can't show Patriotism at "Lincoln Memorial"!!!!!

Post by katie »

:-o :-o X( X( X( :-? :-? :-?

Saw this on the news (yes... FOX NEWS cause you will not see it on the major broadcasts!!!) How do they expect our youth to have any Patriotism at all???? Where in the Sam Hill do they expect to get their military from??? I was dumbstruck!!! I did not put this in the "political" threat as I don't feel it is a "political issue! If the mods think otherwise, please feel free to move. :-s

A group of high school students attending a conservative leadership conference in Washington, D.C. said they were ordered by a security guard to stop singing the national anthem during a June 25 visit to the Lincoln Memorial.
“They told them to stop singing,” said Evan Gassman, a spokesman for the Young America’s Foundation. “I was taken aback. You wouldn’t expect a display of national patriotism to be censored."
U.S. Park Police confirmed that the students were in violation of federal law and their impromptu performance constituted a demonstration in an area that must remain “completely content neutral.”
“The area they were standing in and singing is an area that is restricted for this type of activity,” said Sgt. David Schlosser. “The United States Park Police is absolutely content-neutral when it comes to any sort of demonstrations in these areas.”

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4307203/nati ... n-memorial
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Can't show Patriotism at "Lincoln Memorial"!!!!!

Post by katie »

PS... I have stood in front of the Lincoln Memorial, and yes, I did say my "Pledge of Allegiance" while my whole body broke out in cold chills.... if you can stand there and not feel a sense of patriotism, well.... Let me say this little act of demonstration by the High Schoolers would have brought tears to my eyes with pride.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

SON OF A BI$CH...

What's next? Will we all have to bow down and look away when our flag is raised.

These dam Civil Liberties are destroying it for us that wish to demonstrate pride and love for our Country. To not be able to display pride and Patriotism in front of one of our Nation's National Memorials is a slap in the face to the Men and Women Patriots of this Nation. What the hell happened to our rights?

This needs to be publicised on every front page, on every magazine and publication reaching out to the Citizens of this Country.
This kind of Bull Shi$$ really burns me up.. X( X( X( X( X( X(
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

HOWEVER THEY WILL SHUT DOWN THE MAIN STREET IN NY FOR THE MUSLIMS TO PRAY. I THINK IT IS 49TH AVE. X( THIS $HIT NEEDS TO STOP.

Return to “General Talk”