THEY TURNED OFF THE HEAT!!

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

THEY TURNED OFF THE HEAT!!

Post by Pac22 »

Ok, as some of you may know, we moved to a new house this yr. Well, new for us.... Old house built in the 50's, new house in 03'. Old house we had 500 gallon propane tank and the only time we lost heat is when the power was out. The new house has natural gas heat. I get a knock on the door 30 minutes ago and they told me they were tunrning off my gas because they were having a pressure problem and some houses were losing gas all together, including my folks a few miles away. Question is, is anyone familiar with this type of thing. Is it just because it's cold or what? I tried asking the guy but he was in a hurry going door to door focking up peoples night. He said it should only be a couple hrs, but who knows....Any comments, input is welcome. Need to know if I should get some space heaters. Currently only have one.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Re: THEY TURNED OFF THE HEAT!!

Post by FasterThanYou »

I've never heard of them doing that but any kind of gas leak would warrant that. I'm considering getting a generator so I can hook up some space heaters and keep hot water and refrigerator going. All we have in this part of the county is electric, no gas.

___, our heat pump went out in the old place one winter and we used 3 space heaters until they could get the heat pump replaced. It actually kept the place over 70 degrees.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

love my wood stove...

Hope your gas got turned back on quickly last night ___. #-o
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

Sheesh! Get out out of the country dude and move to the city. You wouldn't have these type of issues.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Kept the bedroom at 68 with one heater until they turned it back on at 7 this morning. Couple hrs later I had hot water and it was all good. Hey it was a good reason to sleep in and go to work late. :D I'm hearing rumors it was human error. Some dipshit through the wrong valve, or something. :-B

Hey Chillin L-) , I DO live in the city. It's just 1/10th the size of yours. Which I like. I will take these issues over traffic jams any day.
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

In MHO this is a conspiracy by the local board of education. Their enrollment is going down and ADA numbers are off so they are trying to insure an influx of student bodies in the next five years..

"FIVE YEAR STUDENT INFLUX PLAN". Turn off the gas, heat goes off, bodies conjoined together under down comforters, one thing leads to another so to say and boom. The influx of Kindergarteners and future leaders of tomorrow is once again cycled into the circle of life and financial security of the educational system.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Nearly is a cynical old fart! :D ;;) =)) =))
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

When I got up at 6 this morning I found the house at a cool 60. Furnace went out. So had to call the fixer man. $85.00 just to stop in and tell me it's broke. Anyway he fixed it and we are back in business. X(
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Julie called me at 8:17 this morning to tell me the power was out, she could not get the garage door open, could not dry her hair, etc.

I reminded her about the emergency pull cord for the garage and that got her out of the garage. The wood stove was keeping the house warm but would have to be watched more closely since if it is not fed the electric would not be there to back it up... And that she could either take her hair dryer to work to dry her hair or she could fire up the generator...

I think she went on to work and mom was there watching Avery and said the power came back on around 9:50 or so...

I don't think they used the generator. Guess I need to do a quick generator education class for them tonight.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Well we still don't have any answers on the cause but it affected about 750 homes. There was no leak or break in the line, just a loss of pressure. It's either a big mystery or they just don't want to say someone screwed up.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

_____ wrote:Well we still don't have any answers on the cause but it affected about 750 homes. There was no leak or break in the line, just a loss of pressure. It's either a big mystery or they just don't want to say someone screwed up.
Haven't you ever needed to release gas pressure? I know I've been know to evacuate rooms because of it but never entire neighborhoods. That would be E =)) =)) =))

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

FasterThanYou wrote:
_____ wrote:Well we still don't have any answers on the cause but it affected about 750 homes. There was no leak or break in the line, just a loss of pressure. It's either a big mystery or they just don't want to say someone screwed up.
Haven't you ever needed to release gas pressure? I know I've been know to evacuate rooms because of it but never entire neighborhoods. That would be RE3 =)) =)) =))
Fixed that for ya you forgot two characters in that last line
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

FUH! :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

FasterThanYou wrote:
Haven't you ever needed to release gas pressure? I know I've been know to evacuate rooms because of it but never entire neighborhoods. That would be E =)) =)) =))
No, Hillman is the only one I know capable of clearing a city block. :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

_____ wrote:
No, Hillman is the only one I know capable of clearing a city block. :D
Obviously you've never met my husb......oh, never mind! #:-s #:-s
bajababe342
Marina/Ramp: Sunset Marina

Post by bajababe342 »

:)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Return to “General Talk”