TO THE GENEROSITY OF BOATERS

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nearly

TO THE GENEROSITY OF BOATERS

Post by Nearly »

To my fellow boaters. This is for a friend. She is not a boater nor may have never even been to Lake Cumberland.

The power of the internet is grand and I know many of you have other resources past this Forum. If you are willing to pass this on, it is for a good cause.

This is a message I was very hesitant to send. I know times are tough on everyone these days and especially around the Holidays. I am sending this to all on my e-mail list to read and pass on to others if they deem fit.

Some of you may know LeaAnn Summe from our business. She may have helped you while I was away or took your phone calls. Some of you won't know her at all.

LeaAnn has left our company but she is a situation many of us hope we will never have too experience. She has the dreaded cancer, her hospitalization has now run out, and has not been able to find employment.

LeaAnn is a good person, always willing to go that extra step to help her fellow. She was a teacher, artist, construction worker, and landlord. Her many rental tenants are down and out and although delinquent in their rent, LeaAnn refuses to put them out on the street. LeaAnn is very spiritual in her beliefs and trusts her disease in the hands of God but in reality, even God needs a helping hand now and then.

Again, I thought long and hard about reaching out and I realize a message like puts one in a awkward situation. But if anyone is feeling generous or knows of any avenues to offer LeaAnn assistance, please relay this on to her.

Below is a notice I copied from another source:

I would like to invite each of you to join me in nine days of prayer for Lea Ann starting on the day of the mass, Wednesday 12/22. As most of you know, novenas are extremely powerful, as is the mass.
If you would like to offer these prayers for her, please send her a quick email at lasumme@gmail.com. This will serve as part of our spiritual bouquet (acts of kindness/prayer) to her. I think it will be great for her to see all of the support come in by way of knowing so many are praying for her. You may want to send a card, note, or even a small donation to help with her treatments to 220 E. 20th Street. Covington, KY 41014-1508. I have known Lea Ann for over twenty years. She is always helping others and working to meet the needs of anyone she knows needs help. I am inititating these events for her to be on the receiving end this time.

Again, thanks to all my friends for their thoughts and support.

Dan Shank
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: TO THE GENEROSITY OF BOATERS

Post by katie »

What a generous and thoughtful request for a close friend. God Bless you and LeaAnn, I know how hard it is to watch a good friend struggle through hard times no matter what they are.

Prayers going up O:-)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: TO THE GENEROSITY OF BOATERS

Post by Lock5 »

Nearly I just sent one up, and it just goes to show how good of a person you are for being concerned about a friend, so I sent one up for you also.

Return to “General Talk”