Halls on the River

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Halls on the River

Post by E_ »

Has anyone else been to Halls On the River in the past few years? Julie and I went yesterday and it was HORRIBLE! Julie's was bad enough they credited us for her meal and gave her a free slice of pie. Mine was equally nasty but I tried to eat it as to not seem that we were free loaders. It was gosh awful and ended up making me sick for the rest of the day/evening. If you are planning a event or a nice romantic day (there went our 12th Anniversary) I would not suggest them. Everyone I have spoken to at work today that have been there also agree it is not what it used to be and many do not plan on going back either.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Halls on the River

Post by katie »

:( That sux! Sorry to hear your anniversary dinner was ruined... thanks for the heads up though.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
crwky

Post by crwky »

What did you guys get?
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

She got the blackened catfish and I got the beer battered cod. Both were horrible. Her's was just nasty all together and mine you could tell was really good fish but the grease/batter seemed like it had been used for a week without being changed. I got a baked tater and she got the smashed ones. The baked one was "ok" and I gave it to her to eat as hers seemed to have a bit too much sour cream that seemed to be a bit old. The green beans for both of us were like they came out of a old can. ...the tea was ok. lol

I should have just not eaten mine but I tried ot only eat the fish and not touch the batter but I still got really funked up on the way home. Even Pepto tablets were not helping. Last time we were there was around 5-6 years ago and all was good. From what I hear from other that used to frequent there it has been that way for a few years now. :( , Hey Waterwings, you out there? I hear from your better half that you have advised her to not stop there as well.
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

E_HILLMAN wrote: Hey Waterwings, you out there? I hear from your better half that you have advised her to not stop there as well.
That dang woman sure gets around! :-s
BUT, yes, I was there about 3-4 years ago and the place had really run down from its heyday. That was the place to go in the 70's 80's and some of the 90's.
Food sucked and the atmosphere was ...gone.

I still think they make some great Beer Cheese though. We stock up on it every time we go to the grocery. Great lake snack.
The Rear Admiral being from S. Carolina had never heard of beer cheese. She wanted to know if you could get drunk eating it. :p
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

WaterWings wrote: She wanted to know if you could get drunk eating it. :p
=))

Return to “General Talk”