Question...

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Question...

Post by re3too »

After the "accident" at the raftup location involving the SD rentals with alledgedly stinkin' drunk persons on board......were those persons field tested and arrested after the injured party was tended to first?
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Question...

Post by E_ »

Hmm, me not know. LC?
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Well...I'd ask elsewhere but I don't feel like having anyone think I'm just raising my fists! :ymsigh: IMHO, this is an important question to have answered.
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

On every accident I have responded to with the KDFWR guys, they will remove the at fault person and have them tested as soon as they can get them to the nearest hospital / test facility. It is basically standard operating procedeure.

Did you think they would not?

Usually one officer will handle the accident scene whaile another runs the person to get tested to ensure they get an accurate BAC reading.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

PLEASE.....do not read anything into my question other than I just wanted to know what would happen to the others who were supposedly so drunk they could not put a sentence together. Obviously the injured person was the first priority and he's had my prayers since it happened. I'm not criticizing the WP but I do know that "children" never learn responsibility unless their are consequences for their irresponsible behavior. However, the WP are put in a very tenuous position because on one hand they get smacked for doing their job which may cut into revenues and on the other, there is no excuse for the kind of behavior that caused this "accident"! I put accident in quotes because IMHO this was not an accident. My definition of an accident is something that cannot be prevented. This situation was totally preventable.......

(I knew I shouldn't have asked the question...sliding back into oblivion.....) :ymsigh:
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

Barb.... what did I say??? I was just answering you.

These guys (WP) are not too worried to slap it on someone that deserves it, regardless of whether tourism likes it or not. In the past 2 weeks they arrested that "sweet" guy and then JD at the raft up.

I was just trying to understand your question when I asked if you thought the WP would not test in a situation like that for some reason you knew that I did not.

In my opinion there are some things that are let slide sometimes around here because the WP is working for the state, but things like this wreck/injury are usually done by the book, due to the issue with lawsuits, etc.

In my opinion however, on a day to day basis (not an accident), anyone they arrest was doing something so stupid it simply could not be ignored.
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

MarineAssist wrote:
In my opinion however, on a day to day basis (not an accident), anyone they arrest was doing something so stupid it simply could not be ignored.
Which is pretty much the way it should be. :ymapplause:
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

re3too wrote: (I knew I shouldn't have asked the question...sliding back into oblivion.....) :ymsigh:
MarineAssist wrote:Barb.... what did I say??? I was just answering you.

Ok, I know we all love each other so don't take each other so bluntly... :ymhug:
Attachments
thumbnailCA8NU9QM.jpg
thumbnailCA8NU9QM.jpg (8.66 KiB) Viewed 1769 times
WaterWings
Better Member

Post by WaterWings »

re3too wrote:After the "accident" at the raftup location involving the SD rentals with alledgedly stinkin' drunk persons on board......were those persons field tested and arrested after the injured party was tended to first?

re3too/Barb I had friends from Conley there and they were right next to these drunks. Maybe I can answer part of your question.

It was, of course, a very chaotic scene. There were two WP boats that responded very quickly. One of my friends was a trained EMT and told them this guy needed trauma care ASAP. All of the WP guys jumped into one boat and took this guy to Conley. They actually left one WP boat there with the engine running. Friends later tied it up and turned it off for them.

While they were gone, a second SD rental houseboat showed up and started throwing water balloons and yelling at the other guys. They didn't know about the accident. Kids just having fun I guess. When told about the accident and that the WP would be back eventually (I believe) both boats left the scene. I'm sure at least one left and did not return. We assumed they returned to SD but don't know.

To answer your question I don't think the WP had time to do the sobriety test or make an arrest. They were more concerned with transporting the guy to shore and rightfully so. The WP will have no trouble finding the driver. Several witnesses there plus someone signed for the rental.
I don't know if the driver left the scene or not... but I do know he was pretty distraught, even as drunk as he was all he could do was cry.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Thanks WW for the info.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

MarineAssist wrote: In the past 2 weeks they arrested that "sweet" guy and then JD at the raft up.

8-}
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

That guy looks happy to be wearing the "orange shirt".... I presume that is a jail costume? \M/
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “General Talk”