Pontoon question

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Sunset Lady

Pontoon question

Post by Sunset Lady »

Looking at buying a pontoon and want to leave it in a slip on the water for the summer season and pull it out in the winter. Have not left a boat in the water before any tips or advice for me? How dirty will the pontoons get and what is good to clean them with?
Thanks
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Re: Pontoon question

Post by Lock5 »

Mine get pretty bad on the river, but I haven't seen any of that on the pontoons on Cumberland. I just let the algae dry up on mine through the winter and pressure wash it off in the spring. It takes about two weeks in the river for the algae to start growing. I'm going to polish the outside of my pontoons over the winter but it will still grow on them.

I did have a pontoon acid dipped at Stokleys a couple of years ago and they charged me $150, that cleans them really good.
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

Mine is sitting in the water at conley right now. This is the first time I've ever left a boat in the water, so I won't know what it looks like underneath until I pull it out, which probably won't be till October. I can reply with info then. :|
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

Thanks for the information! Imaposer, would like to hear how everything goes in October. Hopefully we will find the right pontoon for us soon, and be ready for next season.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

After you polish use Shark Skin.

Return to “General Talk”