Wanna Help E with his search? Join in! *Warning extra long

Talk about whatever as long as it is not rated X... Just play nice. Posts may be edited or deleted in whole or in part.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Wanna Help E with his search? Join in! *Warning extra lo

Post by E_ »

huh....
Headquartered in Cypress, Calif., since its incorporation in 1977, Yamaha also has facilities in Wisconsin and Georgia, as well as factory operations in Tennessee and Georgia. For more information on Yamaha,
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Don't know 'bout the generator but......I jist wanted to let you know that I stopped back in at MA's today and helped him with the mural on your boat, E! I think it's lookin' pretty good, especially when ya consider what yer payin' us to perty it up! After this I may needs to git me some edumacation in exterior design! (didn't realize how hard it is to draw poop!) :D ;;) :-*
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

FUR!
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

What???? :-o :-o
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

...Well I am torn.

I ruled out the Honda 2000i since many say it is hit an miss with them starting their AC units and since the power is borderline. The larger Hondas are around $3k. Today, I am on this site http://www.wisesales.com/ef2400ishc-yam ... rator.html and have the 2400ISHC generator and cover added to my cart as they had the best price, but I kept researching and found a Rasmond 3500 and started looking at it as well. The company seems to be a SMALL company out of Michigan. Everything I see stated the engine is a "Rasmond" etc. BUT when I research the company itself it is VERY small headquartered in Michigan, so I am thinking they are getting someone else's engines etc. and are rebranding. The Rasmonds up to 3500 series with the inverters look just like the Hondas. The 4500 looks similar to the larger Honda 3000i and Yamahas etc. Because of the good ratings of the Ramsond Sinemate 3500 on Amazon.com I was starting to lean towards it. It is a 3100 watt generator compared to the 2400 Watt Yamaha for the same price (or a little less). Then I find Home Depot carries it and it is only $899 for a quiet 3500 generator. Surely it has to be decent for Home Depot to carry it as they would not want to many returns. I do some more research and searching in which I see the 4500 which is about the same sound output as the others and is another 1,000 watts of inverted energy. Home depot has it for $1200 which is the same price as the Honda 2000i or the Yamaha 2400 and I am pretty sure it would run everything on the boat. At the least would get the water heater and AC at the same time. Maybe not the Stove as well in the mix but I guess it can be used with Alcohol (if I ever learn how to use it. lol) It is only 17"x 22" which is not much larger than the other systems and would sit off to itself on a far edge of the platform. Anyone heard of these things? They sound ok and the reviews sound ok but they appear to only have been around since 2010 from what I can tell.

More info on the 4500
http://www.ramsond.com/proddetail.php?prod=SINEMATE4500

Thinking about ordering one from Home Depot and giving it a go. At least if I don't like it I have a local store to deal with. ;)
I did see some other complaints on their AC units etc. when I researched the company that worries me but SURELY going through Home Depot I would be pretty safe.

Thoughts? (other than about having a portable generator on a cruiser since I am beyond that)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

re3too wrote:What???? :-o :-o
=)) /:) 8-|
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Ok, did a LOT more research on Ramsond. They are starting to sound like a group of shifty characters. Those "great" reviews on Amazon.com ... ... ...well I looked into those further, I researched some of their other generators and on them it seems most of the people that gave them good reviews had a LOT of other Ramsond products in their list and different stories for them that did not match up. It seems the company is on Amazon.com stacking the deck. The reviews on the gnerators I was looking at are not that way but they are newer reviews and they are one and done reviews thus it makes me think the Ramsond guys got wise about doing multiple reviews with a login for their products and now just created logins and do one review. But that in itself is a questionable thing since most people that do reviews on there have multiples.... So when you take away the questionable good reviews, the REST of the reviews were crappy but when I first looked I thought it was just a couple bad instances and everything else was great since there were many good ones. Now I think there are hardly any GOOD reviews that were not BS stacked ones.

The BBB has given the company an F rating.

...still trying to figure out Home Depot reselling them. It stinks since you could get a 4000 watt contious generator for the price of a 2200 watt one of the other brands but what good does that do if they are junk? If anyone has one of these and can state they are great then LET ME KNOW. For now I am back to the Yamaha 2400 high output model but maybe I will find something a little larger but in the same price range. (gotta stick to that budget ;) )

Home depot also sells a brand called Lifan USA and most of their generators look EXACTLY like the Ramsond generators.
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

Generac IX Series, 2,000 Running & 2,200 Starting Watt Portable Inverter Generator, Features; 126CC OHV Engine, Low Oil Shutdown, Overload Protection, Ready Circuit Breaker Protected Outlets, Comparable To The Honda EU Series For Noise At 64 DBA, National Park Approved, Not Approved For Use In California.

Not sure if this meets your criteria ( I didn't read everything) but I can sell this to you for $675.00.
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

"Surely it has to be decent for Home Depot to carry it"
=)) =)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :)) :)) :))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Is that a bad assumption Nearly? I normally shop at Lowes but figured Home Depot should carry reliable items. It appears this is not the case? (if my research is correct it is not the case but do you have more info to further support my thought?)

That one is a little smaller than what I was looking for Fall Creek, the smallest I am considering is the Yamaha 2400 and I want to stay below 60Db. From what I have read there is a big difference between 60 and 64 Db. The Honda 3000i has a rating of 49-58Db and that model is tempting though above what I budgeted and heavier than I wanted thus why I keep looking at the Yamaha 2400ISHC.

I wish Watt Money would just go buy something and then I see if I like that... lol
Splashngo, have you ever ran your hot water heater with yours? Reading your post again I think the Yamaha 2400 would be good enough for me, I would just have to shut off the AC to run the water heater. Guess it would use less fuel than one of the 3000s and it is definitely a LOT lighter.

Too bad I can't find that Hyundai HY3000SI as it might have done the trick.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hmmm Just looked at one of the Hyundais on a Aussie site and the 3300 watt one SUUUURE looks like the Ramsond that I have a bad feeling about. I would have thought a Korean company would have used Korean stuff but I'm thinkin that SUURE looks like that chinese stuff.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

#-o Why didn't you just get a small houseboat and make JP buy a small runabout??? 8-} 8-|
Do we have to teach you kids everything? ;)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, JP can't always make it down.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E_HILLMAN wrote:lol, JP can't always make it down.

:-$ HA! That's his problem.... he knows you will take good care of it :D
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Jist a thought from a sweet lil ole lady.....Before you go and spend the money on a generator, think about how you will use the boat and how often that gen would be needed. There are lots of places where you can use shore power plus have the ability to get outta the boat and walk around. We thought we had to have a gen set and paid to have one installed....very expensive and barely used. IMHO, I would play it by ear for a season to see how it goes. But hey...I only have had 3 cruisers so what do I know! :D :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I like to stay out at anchor a lot and a little AC and or hot water would go a long way getting my better half down more... At night I think most of the time we would be at a dock that has electric but if we do stay out I figure I should be prepared. I do know it is not worth 8-13k to me but 1-2k would not be that big of a deal as long as it gets the job done and I can do it safely. I'm thinking a Lowes trip for extra carbon monoxide detectors will be happening. lol
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

I'm feeling the same way re3too is about this... I NEVER slept great on the houseboat when the gen was running..... hell, I grew up without air!!! I bet re3too and a bunch of us others did too and we're alright ;) :D

Sometimes it's better when it's hot n sticky... LMAO!!! (git cher mind outta the gutters :D ;;) )
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, I grew up without AC as well. Mom and Dad did not get that (nor did they get a riding mower or electric trimmers or a tractor with heat/ac or many other things) till I left for college. lol And when I was 16 I was not costing them any more than I was when I was in college so it was not that they started saving money. lol
At night out on the hook I don't see needing AC that much but in the middle of the day say for dinner etc I see wanting it. In the morning if we stay out I see the wife wanting a hot shower. ...and I see me maybe watching some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at night on the TV. lol But like I said my boat does have a inverter and 4 batteries so maybe some of that can be done with the inverter and just run the boat engine now and then to not lose too much charge. Heck I don't know. lol
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Our cruiser was AC/DC (get YOUR mind outta the gutter) so that we had hot water after running the engine. We had monitors too but never trusted them. Easy to get false positive readings. But maybe them fancy ones they gots now don't require the killing of mice to sees iffins theys workin'! #:-s #:-s
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

RE3 too, on one of the diagrams I saw about the attwood water heaters it looked like a couple hoses ran to the engine. Is this a common thing and is that what you are talking about on yours? I was wondering if it had a coil in it or something that circulated hot engine water through the coil to heat the water when out and about. Or maybe even a DC line like the refrigerator has... ?... Like I have said before I am learning slowly but I really don't know anything about cruisers or this boat in particular. I have only spent about 6 hours on it and much of that time was putting away stuff in storage, wiping down the cockpit, etc.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

GWW and I talked about it last night but neither one of us remember exactly how it worked. Whitenights would know 'cause he's a SeaRay guy too! "member that ole ad...."If it isn't a SeaRay, you missed the boat."? :D ;;) :-*
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

...no I don't. lol must've been before my time. :P
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:...no I don't. lol must've been before my time. :P
:^o :^o :ymtongue: :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Red lookin' good! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: (Kinda like our SeaRay! =)) =)) )
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

The water heater should have a heat exchanger that uses hot water from your engine. Most likely after running some, you will not need the gen to heat the hot water. Now if you stay out all night on the hook, you might need to reheat the tank. As for the inverter. I had one on my 290. The dealer told the first owner it would run the AC. With 8 batteries, it only ran the AC for about 3 hours. I wouldn't depend on running the AC off your inverter. If you try this, I would test it at the dock where you have shore power to back up if you run you batteries dead. The first owner probably just used it for the microwave during the day. You might want to watch trying to charge 4 batteries off your engine. The alternator may not be powerful enough and may burn up trying to charge 4 at once. My inverter batteries were isolated from the engine alternator and could only be charged with shore power.
One thing about staying on the hook. If there is a breeze, the boat will swing on the hook and direct air into the hatch. Now if you are inclined to tie lines from shore to shore, as we always did because we didn't feel comfortable with just the anchors, the boat will not swing with the breeze thus hatch air will be at a minimum.
You know my position about the external gen so I won't elaborate. Please, make sure you have several good quality detectors placed around inside the cabin and maybe one in the cockpit. Remember, if you close up a camping enclosure, keep the cabin door closed in case any gases are trapped inside the enclosure. Carbon monoxide is silent and deadly. You won't smell it, and you won't wake up if it overcomes you.
First and formost, be safe, be careful, and don't take anything for granted. If you are not sure, ask the other Cruiser owners around you. Boaters are usually ready and able to lend a hand when it comes to boat questions.
watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

I installed 6 6V golf car batteries on my boat last year and have not had any problem with the alternator (yet). I was out for 5 days this week in a cove and did not have to use my starting battery when I left. I ordered an inverter today and figure I can run everything except my ac, I've only had a couple of weekends that were unbearable since I've been boating and figure I can just stay in the slip if it gets that hot. I will probably still get a generator eventually but I've been trying for 5 years now and my boats always decide I need something else like pistons and lower units etc. etc... I've taken one shower on my boat and by the time I cleared off the sink top and dried everything when I was done it just seemed like to much hassle, give me a bar of Ivory soap and a big bathtub (lake) any day. We usually have warm water for about 24 hours after we shut down the motor. I always use my 22# Delta anchor with 20' of chain and have never had a problem coving for days at a time, I want that breeze coming through the hatches.
crwky

Post by crwky »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Ok, did a LOT more research on Ramsond. They are starting to sound like a group of shifty characters. Those "great" reviews on Amazon.com ... ... ...well I looked into those further, I researched some of their other generators and on them it seems most of the people that gave them good reviews had a LOT of other Ramsond products in their list and different stories for them that did not match up. It seems the company is on Amazon.com stacking the deck. The reviews on the gnerators I was looking at are not that way but they are newer reviews and they are one and done reviews thus it makes me think the Ramsond guys got wise about doing multiple reviews with a login for their products and now just created logins and do one review. But that in itself is a questionable thing since most people that do reviews on there have multiples.... So when you take away the questionable good reviews, the REST of the reviews were crappy but when I first looked I thought it was just a couple bad instances and everything else was great since there were many good ones. Now I think there are hardly any GOOD reviews that were not BS stacked ones.

The BBB has given the company an F rating.

...still trying to figure out Home Depot reselling them. It stinks since you could get a 4000 watt contious generator for the price of a 2200 watt one of the other brands but what good does that do if they are junk? If anyone has one of these and can state they are great then LET ME KNOW. For now I am back to the Yamaha 2400 high output model but maybe I will find something a little larger but in the same price range. (gotta stick to that budget ;) )

Home depot also sells a brand called Lifan USA and most of their generators look EXACTLY like the Ramsond generators.

BUY A HONDA AND GET OFF THE JUNK! IF IT'S 1/2 PRICE THERE IS A REASON!

I know this did not work with the whole searay bayliner thing but what the heck it's worth a try.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I bought a Yamaha instead of a honda. A little more expensive but more powerful and quieter at full load. ;)
crwky

Post by crwky »

As long as you bought something. I may see you out and need a little charge on the toon sometime. Let me know if you ever make it to the east end. Now that you are big time I'm sure you won't be in that area. I will tell you this where we are if you have a gen you're cool no matter where it is on your boat. lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol,

big time? Not quite. lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Guess this should be shipping next week.
http://swimplatforms.contentpros.net/Pl ... fault.aspx
...awww is that a generator on the back of one of those boats? lol :P
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

Do you think I should figure out a way to mount the extended swim platform on springs until you figure how to back into a slip?? LOL =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

ROFLMAO! Maybe put some 3" foam around it for me? :P
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

MarineAssist wrote:Do you think I should figure out a way to mount the extended swim platform on springs until you figure how to back into a slip?? LOL =))
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Awww, maybe Re3 will come teach me how ;;) :x
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Oh, I'd be more than happy to teach you a thing or two! O:-) O:-)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Saw "Shore Nuff" sittin' there today. The red looks good and the enclosure is comin' along. :ymapplause: Hopefully they got the egg off before it dried! :D ;;) :p GWW said it's startin' to look like a boat! 8-| 8-|
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hardy harr harr. lol

I shoulda asked you earlier to do a couple drive bys on it for me. Maybe Faster can stop by and leave the shorepower cord with it when they are open. :P

Where are the pics? I'm jealous you get to see the progress and I don't.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

watt money wrote:I installed 6 6V golf car batteries on my boat last year and have not had any problem with the alternator (yet). I was out for 5 days this week in a cove and did not have to use my starting battery when I left. I ordered an inverter today and figure I can run everything except my ac, I've only had a couple of weekends that were unbearable since I've been boating and figure I can just stay in the slip if it gets that hot. I will probably still get a generator eventually but I've been trying for 5 years now and my boats always decide I need something else like pistons and lower units etc. etc... I've taken one shower on my boat and by the time I cleared off the sink top and dried everything when I was done it just seemed like to much hassle, give me a bar of Ivory soap and a big bathtub (lake) any day. We usually have warm water for about 24 hours after we shut down the motor. I always use my 22# Delta anchor with 20' of chain and have never had a problem coving for days at a time, I want that breeze coming through the hatches.
As stated elsewhere my Yamaha 2400ishc came in the other day and it appears to be a nice machine. One of the Hyundai generators finally came available (normally can only get from retailers in England and Europe for some reason) on Amazon.com. It is about $400 less than the Honda and Yamaha counterparts if you wanted to look at it. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004919NEK/ref ... pe_vfe_dt1

Later E
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

re3too wrote:Saw "Shore Nuff" sittin' there today. The red looks good and the enclosure is comin' along. :ymapplause: Hopefully they got the egg off before it dried! :D ;;) :p GWW said it's startin' to look like a boat! 8-| 8-|
Got a couple pictures via text message today from Howard's Upholstery. It was a LOT more clear vinyl than I wanted but I guess I should have specified better to them which I didn't. Really I wanted the back piece to be canvas with just a "window" about the size of the back window of a car. But this will do fine. I bet this is why they were lower than some of the others I had quote with the canvas on the back as the canvas cost more. Guess the big opening that has screens will be nice though...

...oh well nothing a couple curtains can't fix when privacy is wanted with the camper up. I'll save money, have clear when I want it and can put up a curtain when not. Julie found some really nice curtain material that light does not even go through for only $15 when she was getting one for the aft berth.

They are done wiht the top but are doing a seat repair as they said when they sat their drill down it put a burn mark on one of the seats so they are taking the seat out to repair it (I guess replacing the viny on that section?) Oh well accidents like that happen in 110 degree heat. I would have never thought about a drill doing that but now that I do think about it I'm sure it could easly happen with this heat or a hot drill bit from drilling stainless. Most places would more than likely not even noticed they did it or woulda denied it. Anyway should be ready by noon tomorrow with the seat repair, they are going to repair another spot as well on a different piece that was a small cig burn which was there when I got the boat.

New Canvas 6-29-2012 1607 (Custom).jpg
New Canvas 6-29-2012 1607 (Custom).jpg (46.07 KiB) Viewed 40793 times
New Canvas 6-29-2012 1608 (Custom).jpg
New Canvas 6-29-2012 1608 (Custom).jpg (48.19 KiB) Viewed 40793 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

...since I got a late start on the season with it AND since I'll miss some trips down due to having stuff done to the boat to get it where I want it this might let me enjoy a little later season on it...
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

You going out this weekend? From what we saw Wed., it's gonna be hugely busy thru next weekend, I'm guessin'! #:-s :(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I might, If I do we will find somewhere to anchor and stay and might burn some gas in that generator running the AC and test out those carbon monixide detectors. lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

re3too wrote:Saw "Shore Nuff" sittin' there today.

Speaking of Shore Nuff

CHeck out this shirt Julie got Avery. lol
IMG_20120722_131610 (Custom).jpg
IMG_20120722_131610 (Custom).jpg (27.84 KiB) Viewed 40710 times
Sunset Lady

Post by Sunset Lady »

Nice shirt, I know daddy is going to be proud when she wears it :D
watt money
Better Member

Post by watt money »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
watt money wrote:I installed 6 6V golf car batteries on my boat last year and have not had any problem with the alternator (yet). I was out for 5 days this week in a cove and did not have to use my starting battery when I left. I ordered an inverter today and figure I can run everything except my ac, I've only had a couple of weekends that were unbearable since I've been boating and figure I can just stay in the slip if it gets that hot. I will probably still get a generator eventually but I've been trying for 5 years now and my boats always decide I need something else like pistons and lower units etc. etc... I've taken one shower on my boat and by the time I cleared off the sink top and dried everything when I was done it just seemed like to much hassle, give me a bar of Ivory soap and a big bathtub (lake) any day. We usually have warm water for about 24 hours after we shut down the motor. I always use my 22# Delta anchor with 20' of chain and have never had a problem coving for days at a time, I want that breeze coming through the hatches.
As stated elsewhere my Yamaha 2400ishc came in the other day and it appears to be a nice machine. One of the Hyundai generators finally came available (normally can only get from retailers in England and Europe for some reason) on Amazon.com. It is about $400 less than the Honda and Yamaha counterparts if you wanted to look at it. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004919NEK/ref ... pe_vfe_dt1

Later E
Thanks E, I will get a generator someday, maybe next year. I got my 2300W inverter and was surprised that it wold run my a/c / heat system. Guess that means I can finally take that January cruise I've been wanting to take since I bought my cruiser. If I get 2 or 3 hours out of it that will be worth it for me. BTW the canvas looks nice. You gonna be down this weekend? Would like to meet up you one of these days to check out your boat and say hey.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

wife vetoed my trip down this weekend. :( Here is hoping for next. lol
watt money
Better Member

Post by watt money »

hate when that happens lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Its a tough decision CRWKY. I think one has been taken better care of and has a trailer but the other has the engine and options I want.

I'm leaning towards the Bayliner and then getting a new enclosure, a good compound and wax job, new trailer bunks/carpet/maybe some paint/ check tires and a Marine assist axle/brake check up, new snap in carpet, (a redneck portable generator lol), two spots need gelcoat repair where it was chipped off (not caved in like that one boat I looked at), maybe a bigger swim platform, and a fresh oil change, outdrive oil change/paint, and water pump. Then I guess all I really would have to worry about is how long that old engine will last.

getting a new enclosure, - CHECK
a good compound and wax job, - Not quite but good enough for now
new trailer bunks/carpet/maybe some paint/ check tires and a Marine assist axle/brake check up,- CHECK
new snap in carpet, Decided against thanks to direction from everyone
(a redneck portable generator lol), -- CHECK
two spots need gelcoat repair where it was chipped off (not caved in like that one boat I looked at), undecided on what I will do with this.
maybe a bigger swim platform, - CHECK
and a fresh oil change, - OIl was still honey color when I got the boat
outdrive oil change/paint, - oil not needed and paint was better after being cleaned. Then had some work done that required drive removal so I am guessing it got changed one or two times this summer anyway.
and water pump. - CHECK
Then I guess all I really would have to worry about is how long that old engine will last - fingers crossed

I will never be able to say thanks enough to DCH Marine (Towboatcaptain) aka Marine Assist aka Captain Don for helping me through the sale of my old boat, the purchase of this one, and all the work that was done above and trying to help me stick to a tight budget. He is (in my book) a great man and I am glad we have him in the area. I at first was not too worried about asking him to help me with a lot of this as I thought he would being doing some of the work but he has been busy with his 50,000 sub companies etc. and actually farmed out most of it by connecting me to others and helping me get my boat to them etc. to get all this stuff done while I was many many miles away and would have never been able to have made it all happen. Thus he really other than the trailer work didn't get any "jobs" out of it. The one thing where we went with my decision and not his (buff wax company) did not go well but the rest has been great. In addition to the above Tripping aka Marine And Speed also replace my steering pin and did some other work as well as Bills Boat barn replaced a bad water hose that was collapsing at higher rpms. Thanks again and again Marine Assist!
crwky

Post by crwky »

Don knows how it works in this area all ready. He's on the good ol boy system with all those guys. They all have to give him a kickback for the work. That's why he has 50,000 sub companies as you put it. lol

J/K J/K you know I'm just messing with you two.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I really hope he did get some kind of kick back as it was a LOT of work for him. They better be taking care of him some how for it... I guess there were two things he did not refer me to. One was the wax/buff and the other was the canvas. I picked the canvas company from a past good experience on my Mark Twain. They were nice people but they did have some loose ends they had to come back and take care of. I might still owe him steak. lol
watt money
Better Member

Post by watt money »

DJ aka Trippin at Marine and Speed is the best, glad he's up and running again.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Just picked up from Marine and Speed, all winterized for next year.
Attachments
Didn't even fold mirrors out. Lol
Didn't even fold mirrors out. Lol
IMG_20121107_173840-1.jpg (15.89 KiB) Viewed 40401 times
E_
Site Admin

2655 Bayliner cont.

Post by E_ »

Well just got a note that a storage unit bay opened up at the lake and since I am headed that way tonight anyway the old Bayliner is now out of the building behind the house and hitched to the truck. As soon as Avery wakes up it will be on its way south. Hopefully we make it before dark thirty and before any snow. Temps dropping here in Leesburg already.
IMG_20121228_140758 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20121228_140758 (Medium).jpg (95.23 KiB) Viewed 40304 times
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Hopefully that Obama truck will get it there, I understand why you wouldn't want to tow it back and forth now that you don't have a Cummins. :ymhug:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Driving that Cummins was every day with my fingers crossed and no support from Chrysler.
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Re: 2655 Bayliner cont.

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Well just got a note that a storage unit bay opened up at the lake.....]
Heck, I got an email today saying a slip opened up at woodson bend and it's got my name on it. Odd how that worked as last time I checked, there was something like 15 people in front of me, and they were only rolling over 1-2 a year on average. Now I have to figure out if I count on having another boat for next year. :-w
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Driving that Cummins was every day with my fingers crossed and no support from Chrysler.

Not with the good one you had, it was Red.......... :D
Fall Creek
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Fall Creek rmap

Post by Fall Creek »

No, now he will have a smooth joyfull ride to the lake, enjoy that new truck E! I wish I was on my way to the Lake!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

It pulled Great rain was no pain
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Old boat still going.
FB_IMG_1432033152113.jpg
FB_IMG_1432033152113.jpg (100.4 KiB) Viewed 39027 times
Sooo glad we had the swim platform installed.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

How do you know? You ain't been on it for at least a month! :p
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

That's a good point. :-( But have had several boat rides to help make up for it.

Return to “General Talk”